Close

3D System's Opens Pre-Orders For Their New iSense 3D Scanner

Back in January we all got a sneak peak at the new iSense scanner from 3D Systems. The scanner which connects to most iPad devices, allows users to quickly, and easily scan objects, as well as people in 3D. Users can then send those files to a 3D printer and they are ready to be printed out. More details on the Specs of the iSense can be found here: http://3dprint.com/7207/isense/

Today the iSense scanner is available for pre-order. The scanner will cost $499, and begin shipping next month. Let us know if you have pre-ordered this device, and what you think of it. Check out a picture of it below:

Engineer-in-Training
    It looks interesting, but I wasn't happy with the software that came with the Sense scanner. I don't know if I'd do this untested, and without an ability to return it. At least in the recent past, 3D Systems doesn't accept returns on their consumer & prosumer lines, making it a reason to be very wary of their products.

This looks like a rebrand of the Structure sensor, which is fine, I'm curious if the software is the same too.
    Last edited by JRDM; 06-25-2014 at 10:59 AM.

A pity it's apple only... I'd be on their list already otherwise.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    A pity it's apple only... I'd be on their list already otherwise.
    I think the Structure sensor works with Android. Why 3D Systems doesn't offer it, I don't know.

Just recieved my ISense.

I have noticed a few issues:

1. No way to turn it off so after you charge it and if you have it in its box for a day or two expect to charge it again before using.
    2. The software that is recommended in the instructions SUCK. I got one partial scan in a day of use. The FAQ and instruction videos on the website are out of date and talk about things to fix this that are no longer offered on the newest version.
    3. The software that I got was itSeez3D which works fairly good with just a few hiccups. I have not tried to print anything yet from the scann but since I just got my printer last night it may be a few days.