Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Is there any benefit to having the EEPROM stuff enabled. I have been fighting ABL offsets.
    Some people find it useful. I guess that is why it is in there. But really, I think it normally makes more sense to change your Configuration.h settings and put it into the firmware. I guess one place it would make sense is if you built two or three printers that are all the same. There is no way every setting is going to be exactly the same. So, you could run the exact same firmware on all three printers, but make minor tweaks by changing numbers stored in the EEPROM.

And with that said, even though I'm not a big advocate for the EEPROM values, I do have it enabled on my printer right now. The reason is somebody wanted the firmware to remember the G29 Bed Level Correction matrix so they did not have to do a G29 every print. I have it turned on right now just to make sure that code is solid and really works even though I'm not really an advocate of it.

Technologist
    do me a favor and post a photo of your setup and a copy of your config file
    i need photos of where your servo is when it's extended or where you want it to be
    take one facing the X axis and one along the X axis

to extend the servo above the bed and retract it use M401 and M402
    example pics and a very crudely made offset guide in paint

i hope this helps for future reference
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got it to work,hooray. I do have another question though.How do I get the servo to stop twitching? I enabled the deactivation delay with the standard number, and it twitches less. However it's still making a hell of a lot of noise.

Technologist
    max endstops messes with mine but I'm using a rambo board
    my delay is 400 but i have a slower high torque servo
    if it's digital the delay will not do anything really because it still has power and it's trying to center always based on last command received.
    I'm making a small board with a attiny13 programed to turn power on to the servo send command and turn power off to the servo to get my digital servos to stop twitching.
    Might even make it 12c with 4 servo outputs and see about getting it added to the trunk for marlin will see

Unhappy

I think I'm going to lose my mind. I'm getting no bed adhesion anymore. Since I went to the ABL I've had nothing but problems even printing. I printed better with Colin's Marlin firmware and the PITA z height screw adjustment. I've attached my Configuration.h If someone can take a look an tell me what is wrong.
    Configuration.h
    Last edited by Kunguru; 01-10-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Try printing this file. Both the OpenScad and the .STL it produces are attached. It will just print a few layers that stretch across your bed. Probably, you have the Z-Probe_Offset_from_Extruder wrong. If you try printing this a few times, you should be able to get that number dialed in to the right height to make the first layer go down nice and clean.

At that point, you will love Auto Bed Leveling!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roxy; 01-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12