Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Autobed leveling Frustrations

I downloaded the auto-bed leveling marlin firmware, with roxy's improvements. I have only changed the Servo angles numbers, and the measure offsets from the hot end.

When I perform a g28 the head moves to x0 and y0, then goes out to X: 198.00 Y:143.00 to do the z measurement. If I autobed level, g29, at this point it tries to measure the z off the actual bed.

As I said I took vanilla firmware and only updated the ABL and Servo settings.

Is this a problem with the eprom holding old values? I tried to follow the eprom clearing instructions (adding 499) to my configs, but I was totally lost and it wouldn't compile.

Moving to the center of the bed for z homing on a g28 is what is known as z safe homing.

And i would just disable the eeprom settings and chitchat unless you actually use them

I suggest you start with this... Probably, you build it, flash the firmware and it goes.... This was a MakerFarm version of the Marlin code base just before it got froze (several weeks ago) and has all of the good stuff in it...

https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Roxy, that's what I'm using. From what I can tell it seems to be going to where I measured on the bed, but offset by the ABL amount I put into the firmware.

aggg, now it's trying to print mm above the bed instead of where I measured it. Bloody hell.

Do you have the EEPROM stuff turned off in Configuration.h ? If not... Do that first. Specifically, these lines should have // in front of them:

//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Then, using PronterFace, give it a G28 followed by a G29. What does Pronterface say about the Z Height when you give it a M114 ?

What ever PronterFace says the Z Height is when you give it a M114, Slowly move the nozzle down by that much. Does it end up close to the right spot at 0.0 ?

I was having issues as well i actually had to pull the DACB fork when i setup again after my hard drive crash.

I'll try looking into it again after i finish printing my rostock parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Do you have the EEPROM stuff turned off in Configuration.h ? If not... Do that first. Specifically, these lines should have // in front of them:

//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Then, using PronterFace, give it a G28 followed by a G29. What does Pronterface say about the Z Height when you give it a M114 ?

What ever PronterFace says the Z Height is when you give it a M114, Slowly move the nozzle down by that much. Does it end up close to the right spot at 0.0 ?
    Yeah, when I bring it down close to 0 it's accurate. I took that number and added it to my z offset and now it seems to work. Let's hope it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunguru View Post
    Yeah, when I bring it down close to 0 it's accurate. I took that number and added it to my z offset and now it seems to work. Let's hope it sticks.
    It should 'stick'. The problem with the EEPROM stuff is it allows you to over ride the numbers in your Configuration.h file. So no matter what number you put in your Configuration.h file, it will use the number out of the EEPROM. This issue has been causing a huge amount of confusion for people trying to move to Auto Bed Leveling. If they saved a configuration in the past to EEPROM, that will keep getting used even though the nozzle and Z Probe are new and in different positions.

Is there any benefit to having the EEPROM stuff enabled. I have been fighting ABL offsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It should 'stick'. The problem with the EEPROM stuff is it allows you to over ride the numbers in your Configuration.h file. So no matter what number you put in your Configuration.h file, it will use the number out of the EEPROM. This issue has been causing a huge amount of confusion for people trying to move to Auto Bed Leveling. If they saved a configuration in the past to EEPROM, that will keep getting used even though the nozzle and Z Probe are new and in different positions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast