Close

New PrntrBot Simple Metal Kit, Driver malfunction, no solutions working

I have a problem with the drivers or maybe it's the board itself. After assembling it, the drivers installed fine and I got a couple of prints in.

Literally an hour later, when I came to plug my Prntr back in to my PC, It popped up with "USB Device Not recognized" and "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned."

I've tried installing the drivers again, and all that comes up is the same thing as before, and in the device manager there is a caution sign.

I have no clue what to do...

This is a common problem when you first set up a printer.

Read through this: http://www.repetier.com/documentatio...configuration/ and follow the advice. I suggest that you study the whole of the repetier-host site as it should cover the most common problems with setting up the software.

Old Man Emu

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - I resolved a similar situation by:
    1. Uninstalling drivers
    2. Unplug USB from printer
    3. Shutdown PC
    4. Turn on Printer
    5. Turn on PC; Log in
    6. Plug USB from printer into a different port; preferably on a different bridge (ie: if your using a laptop switch sides)
    7. It should begin the search for drivers and installation; If a prompt comes up asking for drivers select the option 'I will choose...' and navigate to the driver folder and select it manually.

That's it GOC!

Just to add a little, when he says "Shutdown PC" the correct thing to do in this case is to disconnect the PC from the electricity supply - turn it off at the wall. If you do this, when you turn the power back on at the wall, the computer reboots from its "single cell organism" form and adds drivers and such until it is up to "multi-cell sentient being" level. Then it should work.

It always pays to turn a computer off at the wall regularly. It like a hearty cough that sort of clears its throat.

Old Man Emu

PrintRbot recomends users consider using Cura. It is a bit easier to use rather than the Repetier-Host. Cura is free to download and supports many printers out there, it is also less tempermental. Some of the STL files I have downloaded from Thingiverse, Repetier has declared were non manifold. Yet Cura will not give you this error.
    If windows is not recognizing the device it will be an exclamation not a hazard (not that this info helps you with your quandry)