Close

just bought a used flashforge creator dual off craigslist these are my first prints

everything was printed at 0.2 layer height and 60 mm's.IMG_1611.jpgIMG_1612.jpgIMG_1613.jpgIMG_1614.jpgIMG_1615.jpgThere was a lot of warping on the stomach of the frog how do i fix that?

Engineer-in-Training
    Material? Temps?

Most likely cause is not enough support but depending on your software of choice you may also be able to correct that with some active cooling.

I used pla at 200c and simplify3d without supports. I just printed a pikachu with blue tape and slower speed I think it turned out better. IMG_1617.jpgIMG_1620.jpgIMG_1618.jpgIMG_1619.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fatzombies View Post
    everything was printed at 0.2 layer height and 60 mm's.IMG_1611.jpgIMG_1612.jpgIMG_1613.jpgIMG_1614.jpgIMG_1615.jpgThere was a lot of warping on the stomach of the frog how do i fix that?
    I print that frog as a giveaway at every show or exhibition we go to. Some printers handle the drooping better than others but it works best with active cooling. We usually rotate the model so the front is facing the cooling fan. I am sure with a little tweaking you will get some awesome prints!

Engineer-in-Training
    I used pla at 200c and simplify3d without supports. I just printed a pikachu with blue tape and slower speed I think it turned out better
    Turn the supports on then. Overhangs need supports or active cooling or they will curl between layers or fail completely. Either way the result will be ugly prints.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    If it's ABS, you will need to use supports for the Frog, as cooling screws up the printing process with ABS, but with PLA a good fan and no supports should let you print that as john said.

I have printed probably thousands of these frogs no lie... Even tho they are not for commercial sale, I was happily selling them to a friend for an Art class so they could paint them, 50 cents for normal size, 20c each for half size.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

I printed another frog with lower nozzle temps and it turned out very well but now all my prints just peel off after about 4-5 layers.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that's because you're printing at too low a temp or too fast a speed. Both affect lamination.

Just add a cooling duct set to the machine.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918

You also need a 40mm 24volt fan and about 4 feet of thin wire.
    I wired my fan into the same points as the onboard cooling fan on the motherboard. Loosen screws poke wires in, tighten screws back up. Run the wire up the cable the other wires use and attach to fan.
    That way when the machie is on so#s the cooling fan. I actually find that it also improves the abs prints as well as pla. But at some point I'll fit an on/off switch, currently mostly printign with pla - cooling fan is essential - for me anyway.

Also interested what you paid for the machine ?

I paid 580$ and it came with 6 spools of filiment.

Engineer
    I paid 580$ and it came with 6 spools of filiment.
    Wow great deal, I hope it work's out good for ya.