Close

Student

Major Vibration while printing (Replicator 2)

I am having major vibration issues with one of my Replicator 2's. It is one of the newer machines that they made (using older stock as was explained to me), and my older machine doesn't have this issue.

It does not effect print quality, but the vibration is certainly a lot louder than it should be.

Bed is leveled fine, everything is greased and tuned, extruder upgrade is in place, faulty wiring harness has been replaced...

I haven't made any attempts to tighten/loosen anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zhall View Post

It does not effect print quality, but the vibration is certainly a lot louder than it should be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you can HEAR the vibration then wouldn't that suggest a stepper motor?
    All steppers are installed nice and tight? Have you tried touching a stepper motor while its running and see if that might be where it's originating?

It could be the 3 leveling screws are all 3 just too loose. This is a little tricky. The 3 screws just need to be in sync with each other along each of their screws. There is a spring that keeps the tension between the plate the head of the screws. There could be too much screw between the head and plate.

When leveling, the program asks you tighten the screws 4 turns. That tightens up the springs.