Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bad prints

bad prints

hello everyone, I recently got a creator pro and I am having trouble getting smooth surfaces on my prints.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? What settings should I use when using PLA/ABS?
    Also I get better prints when using the left extruder is there something I could do to fix the right one?.
    Please excuse my limited english.

Engineer
    What material are you having the problem's with? Also, if you could upload some picture's of the print's, it would help a lot with finding out problems

I am using PLA the white part is from the right extruder
    20141226_003844.jpg

Thanks for your help

Engineer
    I have not used PLA myself yet, just lot's and lot's of ABS, but maybe printing it too hot? What temp?

190c I think the problem might be the right extruder or maybe the left one touches the prints but I am not sure.

Technician
    I've been having that same grainy surface with my PLA prints. It seems that, once the weather cooled off after summer, I'm having finicky printing issues with finish and general quality.

I'm printing at 195c with a 60c bed, and using a cooling fan. I had been getting great results at 185c during the warm months.

Cheers,

John

I print PLA at 200c on the extruder and 40c on the bed......Im looking on my phone at the moment but it kind of looks like a moisture issue....

I dont think its the weather, the temperature right now is 30c also I dont get that texture when using the left extruder.
    I will try using the white PLA with the left extruder and see if I get better results.

I think it might be the PLA, this time I used the left extruder to print with white PLA, and while I got a better finish it still is not at the level of the black one.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    This is the top layer yeah? I have never seen a Flashforge do a flawless top layer, even with the second extruder removed... Maybe you guys have, but in a few thousand hours I still have never seen my FF do a (what I would consider) an excellent top layer. Mind you, this is using a rectilinear fill for the bottom and top layers, it wouldn't hurt to try other types of infill for the top and bottom layers from memory not sure if Simply3D lets you do this...

My kossel uses slic3r to slice, which lets you set the type of fill for not only the inner section but the top and bottom layers, so I often do the bottom and top concentric as it just goes around and around and around in continuous motion, from outside edge to inside, rather than the rectilinear fill which seems to be the default for makerware and replicator G, i/e diagonal fill.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast