Close

ABL Servo Twitch

I searched the forum, but only found people who were successfully using the Servo Delay setting to eliminate the ABL servo twitch...no such luck for me.

I've tried 300 and 600 for the settings and neither eliminate the twitch, nor do they even reduce it.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Engineer-in-Training
    The setting that I used to disable the twitch was PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY , setting this to 300 worked a charm. Are you sure the changes are being saved or that flashing the board is working correctly?...

Some rotations of a given servo are more sensitive to twitching than others. I designed my probe with that in mind. But I went a step further. I made it so there was a 'Stop' that the probe could be rotated against. By setting the number of rotational degrees for the servo to go to a few degrees more than it actually can go it gets pressed against the stop. In theory... once you tell it to go past the stop, you would think it should just stop.

That is not the case. Some angles have a twitch and some do not. More is not better. If you use this approach, find the specific angle where you go past the travel limit, but it doesn't twitch!

Also, I made it so that the when my switch gets pressed, it is slightly offset from where the probe rotates up above it. That causes the probe leg to press gently against the stop as each point is probed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Some rotations of a given servo are more sensitive to twitching than others. I designed my probe with that in mind. But I went a step further. I made it so there was a 'Stop' that the probe could be rotated against. By setting the number of rotational degrees for the servo to go to a few degrees more than it actually can go it gets pressed against the stop. In theory... once you tell it to go past the stop, you would think it should just stop.

That is not the case. Some angles have a twitch and some do not. More is not better. If you use this approach, find the specific angle where you go past the travel limit, but it doesn't twitch!

Also, I made it so that the when my switch gets pressed, it is slightly offset from where the probe rotates up above it. That causes the probe leg to press gently against the stop as each point is probed.
    Any chance you have a photo or two to demonstrate? Having a hard time visualizing it.

And do you have the STLs available?