Close

Thread: makibox a6 ht

makibox a6 ht

hi i have found a site selling the makibox a6 ht for £200 and was hoping it would do as a cheap starter printer for basic projects. the makible site has been closed and most reviews are complaining about delivery time so wondered if anyone could tell me if the printer actually prints well and is it worth it ?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Don't buy one !

I spent 9 months waiting on one. And now some bastard is selling the printer I paid for to some else.

But that's not why you shouldn't buy one.
    basically the hotends break after a couple prints and should really be replaced before you build the machine, the z-axis needs major modification before it works properly and it can't print with pla.

You need another printer to make all the mods the makibox requires to actually print.

There is a google+ makibox group.
    https://plus.google.com/communities/...45982726300888

But as a makibox 'customer' I'm glad it never arrived and I got my flashforge creator instead - just pissed off that the bastards are selling my box to someone else.

best advice. Either pay more for something better - or wait till the model-t's are selling retail.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Don't buy one !

I spent 9 months waiting on one. And now some bastard is selling the printer I paid for to some else.

But that's not why you shouldn't buy one.
    basically the hotends break after a couple prints and should really be replaced before you build the machine, the z-axis needs major modification before it works properly and it can't print with pla.

You need another printer to make all the mods the makibox requires to actually print.

There is a google+ makibox group.
    https://plus.google.com/communities/...45982726300888

But as a makibox 'customer' I'm glad it never arrived and I got my flashforge creator instead - just pissed off that the bastards are selling my box to someone else.

best advice. Either pay more for something better - or wait till the model-t's are selling retail.

thanks for the reply i will stay clear of makible and think i am going to purchase a reprap instead

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Don't buy one !

The website he is talking about the makibox clearence website and that is not from makible. Its the warehouse company that took the inventory from makible, so its likely that "your" makibox is in the inventory somewhere and being sold by them. From what i read online they never had cash only inventory so its how the warehouse is getting the money that is owed to them by selling on the inventory makible had. Legally speaking if you did not recieve a refund or get a makibox you could have gone to trading standards but dont quote me on that as i wasn't even aware of them before they went away.

I think its a good starter kit if you want to tinker with it and have a cheap 3D printer but if you just want to put it on the table and print i would not suggest getting it.
    Last edited by WinterseyeGaming; 12-30-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: forgot to answer op