Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Student
    Thanks again Roxy. I plan on plugging my Servo into MX1 and from the manual for my board it would be PWM pin PA0. Not sure if that info has been put into Configuration.h or not. I'm at work so can't check it. I do know from the OP that it is or was in Pins.h

You only have to edit pins_Rambo.h if you plan to use a servo other than on mx1 or to change the fan pins around. I committed it to the main trunk that way.

Student
    So instead of Pins.h the info I need to change is in pins_Rambo.h? When I get home this afternoon I will take a look and see if it is included in the firmware I downloaded. I don't recall seeing that file. And thanks for the help. It is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by walkercreations; 03-23-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Depending on where and when you downloaded the firmware depends on if it is pins.h or pins_Rambo.h in the last couple months they broke all of the individual boards into there own pin files.

If its still only pins.h you will need to check and make sure that it has the code for the servos mentioned in the first post in the Rambo section. If you are getting the firmware directly from the marlin firmware github and it is fairly recent then what I said will hold true.

I really need to update this post when I have time... Which I never have :-P I'm starting to try and get the neurosurgeons at the hospital I work at to try 3d printing for preoperative planning :-D

Student
    I saw a thing on YouTube recently where they are 3D Printing Human Organs. Pretty amazing stuff. Kinda makes the little bits and bobs I have been putting out look like childs toys. I did download the firmware from the Marlin Github Repository but only took an early look at the Configuration.h file. I have ordered all of the electronics pieces and am just waiting on them to arrive to implement ABL.
    Last edited by walkercreations; 03-23-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by walkercreations View Post
    ...since I will be using a fresh version of Marlin Firmware and not the one supplied by Colin at MakerFarm, will the only files I need to modify the Configuration.h and Pins.h?
    Clarification - if the MakerFarm configuration.h file you have been using defines any of the TEMP_SENSOR_x entries as value 6, do yourself a favor and change those to value of 1 for use with the new Marlin firmware. Just do it, but here's the explanation - Comparison of Type 1 and Type 6 thermistortables.h data

Student
    The Configuration.h I am currently using from MakerFarm is using Thermistor Type 1 for Extruder and Heat Bed. Also I noticed that in the MakerFarm version Colin has stuff in there to define Delta Kinematics and the default Marlin has it as an option. I'm not sure if it is necessary or required, but when I do edit the new version of Marlin I will include it just in case to avoid possible problems. I'm sure Colin had a reason for adding it, I'm just knowledgeable enough at this point to know. Of course, having it in there could cause problems as well, but I think the likelihood is less.

I am finally home from work and the firmware I downloaded does have pins_RAMBO.h. Looking at the file, I see that in the first part of Servo support the arguments:

#define SERVO0_PIN 22 //motor header MX1
    #if NUM_SERVOS > 1

define the pin I will be plugging my servo into. What will I need to change there? The PWM that corresponds to that pin as I understand it is PA0. Do I change the number 22 to PA0 or do I even need to change anything in that file?
    Last edited by walkercreations; 03-23-2015 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added more information

If you plan to use mx1 you don't need to change anything... And the delta kinematica aren't needed

How reliable is ABL now?

How big are you printing? Right now it seems small prints are fine but larger prints seem to be off a little

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast