Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been playing with the custom settings , using the right extruder.
    Still waiting for a replacement for the defective left extruder - Flashforge support said they will provide one but between them and the supplier I bought the machine from (Technology Outlet) I'm still waiting for some progress.

In the meantime - what is the recommended method for calibrating the feedstock?
    It seems logical to measure the filament (in my case 1.65mm) and enter the actual size, and the use feedstock multiplier to 'tweak' it.
    Coincidentally, the default setting was at 1.77 with a multiplier of .93 which calculates to virtually the same as putting in the actual of 1.66 and starting with a multiplier of 1.

Incidentally, you asked about other software earlier in the thread. (For a change I read the entire thread before replying, to see if anyone else had already mentioned this...)

My FlashForge Dreamer came with the crap-tastic Flashprint software, but after some recommendations here I bought Simplify 3D. Simply put, I love it. Support is better, printing two objects at once with the dual extruders is better, an endless list of things is better. You can tweak darn near anything, including some of the settings you mentioned earlier in the thread.

I've generally found FlashForge's support to be quite good, but I was disappointed on the software question. I emailed support to ask about alternatives to Flashprint before posting on here, and the FlashForge answer was, "You have to use Flashprint, other packages don't work with the Dreamer."

Technician
    ^^^what CA said, i was looking for an explaination to create a custom profile now i have it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12