Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I will try the brim. Though it bends quite a bit so I'll need to use a brim so large I won't be able to print bigger than 8x8cm model on my 18x18cm bed, or less.

Engineer
    Did the firmware change something to the fan ?

Which fan? The extruder only has two fans, one cooling the filament as it goes in the barrel and another one in the back of the extruder cooling the extruder motor. Both are always on.

Engineer
    Ah, I thought you had a fan pointing at the nozzle that cools the printing, that could be a problem if it is on too early.

what result does that fan serve?

Engineer
    To actually cool as soon as possible and to prevent warping in the printing layer. It is an example where you can have PLA warping stupidly just as much as ABS. The time spend on the print layer is too short, that layer is just still too hot and does funny thing.

I feel this fan is much more situational though, it does more harm than good. If you want to print like small objects with thin wall, that fan will be use frequently. But that being said, if that fan is on without having a brim, it's pretty much guarenteed to have bottom warping.

Try moving the machine. There is a possibility of a draft.

Engineer-in-Training
    Or maybe the flashing reset the bed temp.

If it is a fan issue. Change the setting from turning on immediately to turn on after 5 layers and see if that helps. I have seen this setting in both Cura and Repetier-Host

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12