Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

unexpected warping caused by firmware change?

I've recently been getting extreme warping on everything Ive printed, small to large, edge of the bed or middle.
    Maybe it has something to do with me reflashing the firmware recently.
    I'm running Marlin.
    is there some setting which can cause such an effect?

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Questions: Did the warping occur immediately after the firmware change? Did you print a common model as a control? Is the same filament being used?
    ie. [Good Print of model 'A'] -> [Firmware Change] -> [Warped Print of model 'A']

- Not sure your location either, but environmental factors also can play a role if your printers not in a controlled room/enclosure. Here in Michigan the humidity & temperature is constantly fluctuating.

This is hard to tell as I was only printing 1 layer test prints for calibrating my printer when I reflashed the firmware, and those don't warp. So I don't know if the warping started happening right after the firmware change, to have a good reason to exclude any other possibility.
    It's been 2 weeks since I had reflashed my firmware before I started printing anything useful other than 1 layer test prints again to notice it.

But these facts might help:
    1) same enclosure
    2) same filament
    3) same room

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - That is a bugger of a situation. My only suggestion at this point would be to re-tune your slicer settings to compensate OR roll back your firmware to the original version and see if things return to normal.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    You're not giving us much info to work on. What printer is this? Did you reflash with the same firmware or an upgraded version? How were the configuration settings from the previous build brought into the new firmware build?

A picture of the warping would clarify what it is you're seeing.

Oh, right. It's a Solidoodle 4. I reflashed with what I think I was told is the official firmware. http://support.solidoodle.com/hc/en-...e-Source-Files

The configurations? Well it gets removed. But I hadn't modified it.
    As for slicer and program settings, well they are stored in the PC so no change was done on those.

Pics:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:79737

Happens both with prints with very wide bottoms as well as thin ones (like in the last pic, which is printed halfway). Both small (few cm) and big (10cm+)
    The parts that do not warp are attached to the bed pretty strongly.

(And the black stuff on the prints are grease (got on it later))

guys? any other info i should give?

Senior Engineer
    PLA/ABS?
    minchars

ABS.

Is getting PLA to warp this much possible?

Engineer
    Yes, it is possible if you heat the bed too much.

PLA is easy to bend when the temperature is around 50, I had fun twisting and ruining my prints while it was freshly done printing.

Put a brim or custom brim to avoid this kind of issue, when you dont want to think too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast