Close

Rapide Lite - A New Contender?

I recently purchased a Robox printer and was wondering if there was an affordable alternative that had dual extruder options and could support a build height of at least 8 inches cubed, had options like stand alone printing and finally at least 50 micron resolution. I was amazed to see that Rapide lite has an 200mmx200mmx200mm build area (8x8x8) and can be upgraded to 400mm vertically! It also has a dual extruder option, 50 micron resolution, and in the next week or so is coming out with a lcd upgrade! Aside from that - IT LOOKS AMAZING.

http://igg.me/at/rapide-lite/x/9124026

Check it out and see what you think! I bought one and will post back comparisons with my Robox. Obviously I will have to print smaller items to fit in the Robox. While you're on the website - check out the 365mm eiffel tower they printed. Amazing. A printer that can print 400mm height at 50 micron with dual extruders for close to $1k. Won't find it anywhere else! Better pick one up before they raise the price!

A sales pitch if I ever heard one...

Lol.... might seem so.. I was looking at the QUBD oneup and twoup. The oneup had a terribly small 4x4 build space and although the twoup was better for build space - they are both plagued by issues you need to fix right out of the gate. They boasted a 50 micron finish but I have not seen a great level of quality from them. I did a google search for 50 micron print and I came across two. Robox and Rapide lite. I was convinced on the robox at first because of the promised resolution and dual extruder option so I bought it.... The robox is $1500 and boasts a 20 micron finish.... haven't seen it yet but I'm still trying things out. The rapide lite impressed me a lot and after thinking about it... I bought it. So glad I did as they now have upgrades for 400mm, dual extruder, and lcd panel. It might seem like a sales pitch... it's more like a flag I'm waving to let people know to grab one before they're gone at the indiegogo price!

http://igg.me/at/rapide-lite/x/9124026

Staff Engineer
    I would also probably be joking about it being a sales pitch, but I do know the kind of enthusiasm one gets when they first pledge for what is probably a good deal on a crowdfunding campaign, you just want to shout it from the rooftops.

To be honest, I don't see any huge red flags on this one, they already have gotten established as a company with manufacturing space before the campaign, their prices are realistic, they have previous products, they have actual pictures of production and they aren't making impossible promises. I'd say it looks legit, and that's not something I say often about IGG campaigns.

Not that anything like this would actually need my approval, but this has it anyway.