I would really love to hear what filament you guys are using in your FlashForge printers. I know we have some earlier threads on this but they get dated pretty quick as new filament makes and types come and go. I'm having some trouble finding a source of consistently good filament. A few issues I've had:

• Filament isn't consistent in diameter or quality thus causing lumpy extrusion or clogged nozzles.
  • Filament spool is wound so tight that it gets itself jammed between itself and the spool causing the print to stop (is this a preventable issue? Is is more likely with cardboard spools vs plastic?)
  • Filament is wound too loosely without enough tension that is tangles itself and breaks off, ruining the print (This happened to me last night at the end of a 12 hour print. Discovered when I woke up this morning. )
  • Filament extrudes fine and print looks good but handling it shows that the layers break apart and didn't fuse together. Anyone had this happen? I'm assuming its the filament because the same part in another filament is fine. Like you can literally peel apart some of the layers. Really weird.

Here's what I've used with links:

The two rolls of filament that came with my Flashforge which all worked great

Sainsmart brand ABS from Amazon: In the $30 range- Ordered four rolls of this over last few months and it's been great. Red, Blue and White and Silver (which is really grey) However the last roll I opened is the one that tangled and ruined my print last night. Again, not sure if this is preventable or even the fault of the manufacturer. But I have liked the filament and haven't had any issues with diameter or clogging.

Ordered ABS from this ebay store:In the $20 range in white and coffee- this was the one that extruded fine and looked great but fell apart easily. The prints I made that don't need to be handled or glued together are fine. Again, not sure if this is due to the filament quality. Also the coffee color is really pretty.

RioRand PLA in Sky Blue from Amazon- around $30- this has been great. Love the color. Thinking of trying their ABS next time.

I'd love to hear what has worked for you and where you purchased it. Maybe if we can collaborate on reviews and help promote good filament it will help us all get better prints.

((***Also if you are a supplier or distributor of filament please don't post asking us to buy from you. That's not the purpose of this thread. ))