Close

Solidoodle 2 3D Printer - Thoughts?

Does anyone here have the Solidoodle 3D Printer. Apparently it starts at only $499. Not a bad price for something that seems to work really well. What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    That's correct. The Solidoodle 2 is $499. There is however now a 3rd Generation out; the Solidoodle 3. It runs for $799, and has a few nice upgrades.

The Solidoodle line is a good line of 3D Printers. I would definitely suggest it.

Ed

I have a buddy that has the Solidoodle 2 and he loves it. It's crazy some of the stuff he makes.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    The Solidoodle is certainly one of the more popular models on the market. I can't profess that it is the best, but it is a sure darn good one.
    Ed

And now there is a Solidoodle 4. I'd probably opt for the 3, if you are a beginner though.

I have a SD2 and it makes good prints ! also it isn't an expensive printer

Solidoodle is a great printer for the price. You get more than you pay for in my opinion. I'd probably go for the Solidoodle 3 or 4 at this point though.

The SD 2 is a decent printer, especially considering the price. Now with the SD4 out, you may want to consider the SD 3 rather than the 2.

I have a solidoodle 2 and it's amazing for the price they sell it at. Best investment I have made!!!
    Last edited by MeoWorks; 05-24-2014 at 11:02 AM.