Close

Taulman bridge problems

Trying to print some bridge material on FlashForge creator pro....
    Haven't even got past loading it yet....

temps tried were anywhere from 235-265, all the same result....the filament flows freely at times, and then every 5 seconds or so the extruder clicks, and the filament then comes out for about a foot as shown...
    IMG_2187.jpg

This is from 2 different rolls of bridge, both came out immediately (5 minutes before) from their sealed bags, and I live in a very dry climate.

I did have some flexible TPU in that extruder just before....but I loaded the bridge at up to 265 with at least 6 meters of material coming out of the nozzle, so you would think the TPU would be gone.

I mic'd the diameter and all though 2 of the 3 rolls were out of spec (1.85mm) the in spec roll still had the exact same problems

Anybody know what is going on? I have heard nothing but good things about this stuff.

Engineer
    I have the same issue with the bridge. What i have found is that it needs to be printed slow if you hav a hot end with a short hot zone. It seems to melt just fine but it melts a little slower so too fast an extrusion doesnt give it enough time to soak up the heat and fully melt which causes the extruder to click. Another issue i had with the roll had a very large and inconsistent extrusion. This is common for taulman poducts. He always makes good on it if you let him know. On mine the extrusion was around 1.95mm. After it would go through the extruder the hat would swell it just enough to make it get tight and lock up.

LOL, you are right of course....

I panicked because on loading this happens....must be running at a much higher feed rate.
    After reading your post, I just tried printing and all was fine