Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Hi aWesomeABE, I had some good results with acrylic as a building surface, maybe you could try that. I ordered a MK8 gear for my extruder to try and resolve the flow issues I'm having with my current MK7 gear for this stuff.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Egon van Engelen View Post
    I think most of my problems are in getting it to stick on the build platform. Might I ask what do you use as thickness for your first layer? And do you use your heated bed for Lay-Wood?
    Whatever Replicator G's default is, I haven't messed with it, I generally print with 1 shell with the wood filament.. I can't say it gave me much trouble on the flashforge, the only problem I have with it is the price. I set my bed to around 70c and the extruder to 200 and that seems to get it going in a nice shade. 70c even for the bed is a little high, I find if I set it too low tho, the starting layer wont stick well enough.

Be aware it will melt at 180-190c, and that will give you that light shade of wood. Basically, 180c is light shade of wood, 230c is a dark shade, personally it extrudes funny for me at 230, so I go 200-210c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12