Close

Constant Nozzle Clogging / no filament feeding

Hi hope you can help.

I have a FF Creator X , i used mostly the right nozzle with no issue, lately when i used the left nozzle is very common the filament is not feeded or get caugth on the bearings and some times clogging, I though it was the pulley (worn) I change it but no luck.

I use the same temp and speed for the right nozzle and try change them for the left but no luck

any advice? thanks.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by userksh View Post
    any advice? thanks.
    Several things may happen.

1. burnt plastic residue in printhead. This happens if you leave PLA for too long preheated, used poor quality filament, or preheated to excessive temperatures. I vote for this one.
    2. weak spring on motor lever. Use your hand to pull it up, see what happens.
    3. misaligned outlet hole of the motor and the nozzle inlet hole.
    4. damaged teflon pipe. If cut too long and overtightened, may change shape and block filament.

I have same problem. My machine is a FF dreamer and brand new but it constantly clogged after a print. It can't load or unload filaments after the print heads cooled down after a print. Happen on both left and right nozzles with original PLA/ABS filaments from FF

Hi , i changed the nozzle and the teflon tube (it looked burnt) , the the printer start working good, but it started to do it again. I check the rest of your recommendation basfud , but , how can I check the aligment (point 3) ? what should i feel when pulling up the handle (point 2)? or what else could be wrong?? thanks a lot

Student
    I raised heats to 250 on ABS from 230. Took care of everything. I have a FF Creator two color.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by userksh View Post
    Hi hope you can help.

I have a FF Creator X , i used mostly the right nozzle with no issue, lately when i used the left nozzle is very common the filament is not feeded or get caugth on the bearings and some times clogging, I though it was the pulley (worn) I change it but no luck.

I use the same temp and speed for the right nozzle and try change them for the left but no luck

any advice? thanks.
    I have actually been using teflon tubes that have been cut slightly longer and have much less problems with unloads and loads. What happens if the tube is too short, as small disc of hardened material and gunk can form between the bottom of the tube and the inside bottom of the nozzle. This can stick to the filament when loading and unloading and cause jams and clogs. I rarely have issues unloading filament with the longer tubes.