Close

Printing & Coloring a Terminator T-800 Skull with an airbrush

Hey guys,

This video shows how I printed the classic Terminator T-800 Skull. I also decided to color it with my airbrush kit afterwards. Basically I used 3 layers (White base, silver, gun metal) and a darker gun metal for some of the details. It also was my first time working with the airbrush kit.

Best regards,

Alex

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    grrr, everytime I see this it pisses me off ..

I spent nearly 16 hours getting that model right, then someone puts a crappy base on it and re-uploads it to thingiverse without any credit. It took me a few months for the guy to even admit it.

Not happy Jan
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

I was not aware that this was originally your model to be honest and I thought it would be sufficient to provide a thingiverse-link in the description. I truly appreciate the work that some people put into their models and share them for free. If that really is your original model, I will, of course, mention you in the video-description.

After reading the description again on thingiverse, I spotted the sentence where "Machina" mentions you as one of the origins. I updated my video description with proper credits.
    Sorry, I was not aware of it. Took the time to check your other designs out on thingiverse. Absolutely love them, very talented work.

Do you mind if I print and do a video on one or two other designs of yours if I award you the credits for them?

Technologist
    The painting came out awesome.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by PrintingTheRevolution View Post
    After reading the description again on thingiverse, I spotted the sentence where "Machina" mentions you as one of the origins. I updated my video description with proper credits.
    Sorry, I was not aware of it. Took the time to check your other designs out on thingiverse. Absolutely love them, very talented work.

Do you mind if I print and do a video on one or two other designs of yours if I award you the credits for them?
    He eventually added the credit, but not without a bit of pushing

I don't mind what anyone does with anything I've uploaded, just too often I see work go uncredited and when it's actually your own, you tend to take it more personally.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    I have a friend who printed that using stainless steel PLA filament from the folks at Protopasta.

Once he finishes polishing it it is going to look amazing. (not to bash your airbrushing or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    He eventually added the credit, but not without a bit of pushing

I don't mind what anyone does with anything I've uploaded, just too often I see work go uncredited and when it's actually your own, you tend to take it more personally.
    As I said I was not aware of it and I definitely would take it personally if that was my model. Things like that take a lot of your spare time and when someone just rips that off you have every right to be mad.

Thanks for contributing to the community with amazing models anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhall View Post
    I have a friend who printed that using stainless steel PLA filament from the folks at Protopasta.

Once he finishes polishing it it is going to look amazing. (not to bash your airbrushing or anything)
    Sounds good, but I think I would be afraid to use anything other than normal PLA in my Ultimaker at the moment. Tried ABS and it clogged up my nozzle pretty good after a while. Was lucky to get it all out eventually.