Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

Anyone know why i'm getting print's like this.

Printed 2 of these, so far each has been almost "sagging" while its building up about halfway, but then it started coming out fine and looks great at the top. Will include a picture. Using ABS, 233 temp extruding, 120 build plate heat. Pretty slow speed also, 60mm or less (testing slic3r settings lately) Maybe 233 is a bit too high?IMAG0746.jpg

Edit - The top part of this actually came out even worse, uploading pic. IMAG0749.jpg
    Last edited by Bassna; 12-01-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Hah! If it makes you feel any better, I'm printing a few of these with PLA as I type, trying different parameters. This is the ONLY thing I've printed that has a sag in it. Halfway up and above, it looks fine.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Hah! If it makes you feel any better, I'm printing a few of these with PLA as I type, trying different parameters. This is the ONLY thing I've printed that has a sag in it. Halfway up and above, it looks fine.
    Figures :P I checked out a few other of the "makes" on it, they all looked great. So that's what got me confused. I don't have any PLA actually, just like 7 color's of ABS stocked up. Soon PLA to try it.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Printed 2 of these, so far each has been almost "sagging" while its building up about halfway, but then it started coming out fine and looks great at the top. Will include a picture. Using ABS, 233 temp extruding, 120 build plate heat. Pretty slow speed also, 60mm or less (testing slic3r settings lately) Maybe 233 is a bit too high?IMAG0746.jpg

Edit - The top part of this actually came out even worse, uploading pic. IMAG0749.jpg
    Lower everything, 225c and 105c for the print bed and see how you go and try printing at another layer height, if that is 0.2mm try printing at 0.25 or 0.21 or something other than what you tried previously.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Same here. I looked at about 4 other "makes" and they looked great. So... I started experimenting, changing temps from what I've already found to be optimal. The only thing changing the temps did was make it worse. So...

(I tried changing layer height also, nothing helped)...

Just for info, here's the link to the object in question:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:193899

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Lower everything, 225c and 105c for the print bed and see how you go and try printing at another layer height, if that is 0.2mm try printing at 0.25 or 0.21 or something other than what you tried previously.
    Will give it a shot right now. Also, would you by chance know how to get Slic3r to lower my build plate when the print is finished? It just stay's at where the print finished.

Edit - Yeah, same bad print at the bottom's, I just stopped it. Maybe just the file then? They say they "triple checked" it, so I'm not sure. But just seem's odd.
    Last edited by Bassna; 12-01-2014 at 10:36 PM.

After trying numerous parameters up and (mostly) down, I've convinced myself that it's just their file. I could be wrong of course, it sure as heck wouldn't be the first time.

Engineer
    Update: I tried out a different filament, some Glow in the dark. The print came out great! I tried printing a few clip's with that green I just got (the ornament was the first thing I had tried to print with it) and it seem's all my print's are all saggy like that. Could it be just this roll of filament? Maybe I should send it back? IMAG0764.jpgIMAG0765.jpgIMAG0766.jpg

Certainly, not all filaments are created equally. It could be as simple as changing the temp. Example... I've got one filament (PLA) that only sticks to the bed if I both, heat the bed to 70c and use a glue stick. That said, if I do both, it works great...

Are you getting clicking yet from the feed on your extruder? If not, you can probably try lower. I would for sure. 5 degrees at a time. If it starts clicking, stop the print and raise it up. I'm not saying this will fix that particular file, just saying what I would try on a finicky filament.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast