Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Bde..... ...
    BeerDart Engineering?

Yes ............

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Yes ............
    So is this something you are sharing or selling?

I have no plans to make and sell. Sharing sure. Its just an M6 socket head cap screw with the center drilled and a spring under the head. The heat sink was machined so the SHCS slips through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    So is this something you are sharing or selling?

That's pretty cool. Have you posted details somewhere? It's hard to see in the video exactly what's going on. It just looks like magic.

Ha Ha Ill call it the PFM auto retract.. I few pics its a very simple set-up.

I ordered up some hardware from Clough this week to make both an itty bitty flex double and a single itty bitty.
    Thank you. I appreciate the business.

Since you purchased milled extruder bolts from me, I though I would mention that I just updated the documentation on my web site. With the Clough42 bolts in an Itty Bitty extruder (4:1 drive) I recommend starting with an e-steps value of 615. This assumes you're using the usual 1/16 microstepping.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate the business.

Since you purchased milled extruder bolts from me, I though I would mention that I just updated the documentation on my web site. With the Clough42 bolts in an Itty Bitty extruder (4:1 drive) I recommend starting with an e-steps value of 615. This assumes you're using the usual 1/16 microstepping.
    Thanks for the tip, I am going to be assembling them sometime this weekend. I am planning on using the single until I am out of 3mm filament then switching to the double and 1.75 filament. While I haven't really had any issues with 3mm filament it seems like every time I go to order filament there is a ton of 1.75 available in what I am looking for and no 3mm.

Have you ever thought about trying to incorporate the Cyclops or Cimeron with your dual design?

Thanks for the tip, I am going to be assembling them sometime this weekend. I am planning on using the single until I am out of 3mm filament then switching to the double and 1.75 filament. While I haven't really had any issues with 3mm filament it seems like every time I go to order filament there is a ton of 1.75 available in what I am looking for and no 3mm.

Have you ever thought about trying to incorporate the Cyclops or Cimeron with your dual design?
    Same here. I have always used Hexagon hot ends with 3mm filament and been very happy. I recently installed a pair of E3Dv6 hot ends for 1.75 on my 12" printer, and they're working well, also. I'm not totally sure the E3D is much better than the Hexagon or that the 1.75 is better than the 3mm. They all seem to work pretty well.

I do seem to get better layer adhesion with the 3mm Hexagons, but there are a lot of variables, so I'm not sure exactly what is causing the difference.

The Cyclops and Chimera are bowden hot ends, and all of my extruders are direct drive. I've thought about it, but I haven't put much time into it.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast