Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
Beer Mug? On my list of things to print! LOL
I make my own beer so why not my own mugs to drink it in, and maybe the bottles and caps to transport it. Can I print such things? Food safe?
I have many times wanted to take a bit of beer to my friends at some events, just too much problems trying haul 2-3 cases of glass beer bottles on a motorcycle! Too expensive to buy plastic bottles to toss when empty. Already I am thinking designs for custom bottles friends can keep for event souvenirs.
PET is food-safe, but generally only for one-time use, as it's nearly impossible to sterilize a 3D printed object no matter what it's made of.

Alcohol I suppose is another matter, as it is itself a sterilizing agent, it doesn't matter so much if it gets into the layers.

Technically, PLA is food-safe, though there is a good bit of controversy around that. If you do accidentally actually eat it, it will digest (In other words, it's biodegradable). Though it's non-toxic, some folks disagree on it being harmless (one of the breakdown byproducts is possibly an estrogen analogue).