Quote Originally Posted by dacb View Post
Not to hijack, but I just want to put in a quick plug for openjscad instead of openscad. It performs way better (render time), doesn't have the wonky syntax and variable scoping oddities. I have switched over completely.
It is obvious from your work with the Marlin upgrades that you are either a professional programmer, or very competent in programming in various languages. For you, to switch between, say, C and Java might be as easy as changing shirts. However, some of us who are taking up 3D design haven't done any programming since they coded Pong on a Commodore 64 using GW-Basic.

That's why OpenScad appears to be a good choice as the coding appears uncomplicated in its text form. I admit that I could probably create a 3D object in Rhino easier that I could in OpenScad at the moment, but I'm a late started of OpenSad. As I 've been working on my posts in this thread, I have started to pick up on how things happen. I like the interface. I did have a squiz at openjscad, and it did not jump out and grab me.

For some of us, render time is not something we need to reduce down to jiffies as out minds still aren't much faster than split seconds.

However, thanks for your comment, and perhaps the young Turks will follow your lead.

Old Man Emu