Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Your Favorite thing about the Peach Printer

So, let's hear what your favorite thing is about the Peachy Printer? What makes you so excited about this revolutionary idea?

My favorite thing about the Peachy printer is that the design is moving toward a different direction than what is available. Currently there are printers that use UV resin, but I've not seen one that uses the water level as the build platform rather than a mechanical build platform that raises up above the water. This comes with its own problems, of course, but the build is significantly cheaper without actually having to buy cheaper parts. This is paving the way for more advanced, and affordable, 3D printing technologies.

Student
    Price and easy mechanic setup compared to reprap kits. Ideal for schools, well, at least that part - not sure about the resin... but it offers amazing possibilities regarding level of detail, wall thickness...

My favorite thing? "Okay, let's invent the machine who will take down many companies, who will screw up the chinese economic system, for the benefit of the individual. 100$ will be fine. Oh, and i'll make it open source, to make sure everyone can do the same"

(I'm french, if my sentence does not make sense, I am sorry)

Technologist
    As far as the 'revolutionary ideas' are concerned, I'm not particularly enthusiastic. Using the headphone port is brilliant but does mean that anything that happens to output sound during a print (eg. a YouTube video that auto-plays before you have a chance to mute it) will mess up the print. The water bath is a great money-saver, but leaves the printer very vulnerable to vibrations or shocks while printing. Both may have to be worked around later.

On the other hand, it's cheap. Really, really cheap. It's got a big build area. It's got capabilities belonging to printers orders of magnitude more expensive (stuff like proper overhangs that the FDM ones can't manage without support material). The new flexible materials are icing on the cake.

Definitely the price is the most attractive thing to me. However, I also love the fact that it is totally open source. Should help it grow with the millions of ideas that backers will have.