Close

Talking Makerbot 2 or ???

Hello all,

I am totally new to the 3D printing. I am in the market for a n entry level printer for:

My Kids (7 and 9) to get into 3d design.
    Prototype miniature accessories (Buildings, trees etc)

Looking for ease of use, safe, quality.

I looked at the Cubify 3. Like the price point, 2 colors, not heated plate, ability to print ABS and PLA. for $1000, brand new.

I also found a used (36 hours) Makerbot Replicator pro on Craigs list for $1300 with 2 Filements.

Which one would you go with?

Thanks

Engineer
    I just recently bought a Flashforge Creator Pro, basically a Replicator clone, for much cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/FlashForge-Str...rds=3d+printer

So far I'm loving it, and have had little to no issues. Great support team, much cheaper than the Makerbot, and basically about the same, in my opinion. And it come's with a little warranty, unlike a craigslist transaction.

I'd be a little cautious spending that much cash on a used printer, on craigslist. But maybe that's just me.

I picked up a Powerspec 3d Pro from Microcenter this morning for $799.99 (are you kidding me??). It's also a Replicator clone as well. I can't believe the deal!

Printing in PLA first (gluestick on plate) with no issues. A few more prints, and I'll move on to printing some with ABS.

YesIdidit.jpg

Cube is not as cheap as it seems. Cartridges are overpriced and print quality is also poor. Just check reviews on Amazon if you do not believe me.

Have in mind UP/Afinia and Zortrax printers if you need something reliable and easy to use.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I recommend the Flashforge for a first machine, it's exactly what you are after, right price point and great for ease of use. My 7yr old and 9 yr old girls have worked it out back to front, the only thing I need to help them with these days is bed levelling because they can't turn the knobs.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Wink Amazon, Bestbuy or the Flashforge US web to order?

Thanks for all the replies.

What is the best place to buy this?

Only Amazon have it in stock. Same price on all.

Amazon, free 2 day shipping , I get it quick, (return policy unknown, no extended warranty, supposedly no support)

Flashforge US Web site. They dont know when will be in. 30 days return with 20% restocking, supposedly phone support

Bestbuy, I can get it (once it is available) with their 4 year warranty for $69....

Which one would you do? I dont want to wait too long (impatient kids

Thanks
    Murat

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by mkilci View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

What is the best place to buy this?

Only Amazon have it in stock. Same price on all.

Amazon, free 2 day shipping , I get it quick, (return policy unknown, no extended warranty, supposedly no support)

Flashforge US Web site. They dont know when will be in. 30 days return with 20% restocking, supposedly phone support

Bestbuy, I can get it (once it is available) with their 4 year warranty for $69....

Which one would you do? I dont want to wait too long (impatient kids

Thanks
    Murat
    I bought mine through Amazon with Prime 2 day free shipping. Arrived fast and with no issues