Close

Thread: g-code for feed

g-code for feed

Hi.

I wounder what is the g-code for feed 1000mm of filament at once. My tube with the filament is 1000mm long and i want to feed the filament with g-code instead of doing it manual.

The letter "E" controls the extruder, so the code would be G1 E1000

But if you use only that, the extruder feed will go step-by-step, so you have to put in a feed rate (F).

5000 is a good number

So the code you want is G1 E1000 F5000

Old Man Emu

Thank you.

I did try that but it didn't work at first. The reason was that the printer had a heat limiter of 190C. So i needed to turn on the extruder even if just wanted to feed some filament. Then I was not allow to feed 1000 at once.
    But after I find that out your code work great. Thanks.

Yes, it is a pain that you cannot work with your extruder unless it is at operating temperature.

Obviously there must some M code that will disable that heat limit.

Old Man Emu

M302 enables cold extrusion. E1000 is very long and would be picked up on the firmware as a dangerous length of extrusion and prevented (extruding 1m of filament at a time is generally seen as a bit much). Drop it down to E200. You can always issue the same command 5 times. F5000 is really, really, really fast. Drop it down to F500 and you'll have a chance to catch it if something goes wrong.