Close

Engineer

3D Printed Iron Man Suit - $35,000

Wow, talk about a large scale project to 3D Print. IronManFactory.com has set up a crowdfunding campaign on their site. They intend to raise over $1 million to be able to print 3D suits, as well as just helmets from the Marvel comic book, and hit movie Iron Man. They are offering 3 options, and have stated that they must bring in $1 million before setting out on this project.

Option #1 - Iron Man Mark III Full Armored Suit (Mass Production) - $1999 - 5000 Available

Oprion #2 - Just the Iron Man Helmet Mark III (3D Printed) - $1299 - 10 Available

Option #3 - Iron Man Mark III Full Armored Suit (3D Printed) - $35,000 - 5 Available

LOL, some people are just too obsessed. This is awesome, I must admit, but I'd never 1) take the time to print something like this, or 2) pay that kind of crazy money for something like this.

Engineer
    thats cool and all but i think i must agree with urban. to each his own i guess. it really does appear that this guy needs to tweak his retraction setting though...wow! lol

If I were going to take hours and hours on end designing something this intricate and mindblowing, I would have spent that time developing something that would actually have a use (other than a halloween costume). If I were to spend $35,000 on a halloween costume, I'd probably be living on a private island where no one would get to enjoy seeing it.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I love making props and other stuff, so me personally I could see making the helmet and maybe gloves, but a whole suit nah..

If you wanted to make a full suit, i'd go vac-forming, make the pieces out of wood or clay and mould them.

@larry first of all this company isn't working anymore due to copyright issue from Marvel and still there is full details missing here is the full info about 3d printed Ironman suit

Technician
    At least you wouldn't have to worry about what to be for Halloween for the rest of your life.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Looks like Marvel wiped these guys out quick smart.