Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

Maybe a problem, clicking.

I don't believe its the extruder, but I am hearing a quiet "click" on the thing that moves up and down the Y axis. Only in a certain spot it seems, should I be concerned? I took a quick picture of where I mean before I left for work. IMAG0619.jpg

I will get a video when I get home if someone need's it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Sounds like the belt tensioner maybe hitting something? or even the bearing thats running the Y rod needs some oil..

It's not really too much of a concern unless the clicking actually affects the drive train, like puts friction on it when it's printing, which may present issues with your prints (nothing major, might get some small holes or heavy ridge lines)

I would be taking that top off and really getting in there to see whats making the noise.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Sounds like the belt tensioner maybe hitting something? or even the bearing thats running the Y rod needs some oil..

It's not really too much of a concern unless the clicking actually affects the drive train, like puts friction on it when it's printing, which may present issues with your prints (nothing major, might get some small holes or heavy ridge lines)

I would be taking that top off and really getting in there to see whats making the noise.

I think it may actually be coming from the part in the right hand corner. What you think? I don't think that it is disrupting the prints. Not 100%, I will keep a eye on that.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    wow ok... that's really interesting, I can't seem to time it with any movements that are happening.. gonna have to listen to this one a few times!
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    Yeah I know, I may send Flashforge a email about it. I just finished another print just fine though. But I could hear it doing it the whole time. Sure does sound like it is coming from that very top right corner though.

I just went through the exact same thing not a day ago. What fixed it for me was to loosen all of the Allen keys on the pulley in the back right corner for the y-axis. Move the head back-and-forth in the y-axis. And then re-tighten the Allen keys fixed a perfectly for me. The belt is hitting the edge of the pulley and that's what's making the taking noise.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by guitartoys View Post
    I just went through the exact same thing not a day ago. What fixed it for me was to loosen all of the Allen keys on the pulley in the back right corner for the y-axis. Move the head back-and-forth in the y-axis. And then re-tighten the Allen keys fixed a perfectly for me. The belt is hitting the edge of the pulley and that's what's making the taking noise.
    I will give that a shot when I get home. Kind of afraid to take things apart when I'm not sure what it will do, ya know :P

I was worried too, as I was terrified that in loosening those pulley's that the head would get out of whack with the left belt. But I just carefully made sure that when I moved the head back and forth, that I kept it straight, but it seemed to want to stay straight, due to the design of the brackets.

I did a print immediately after, and it was again quiet as could be, and I got a perfect print.

M

Student
    This is helpful, I've been having a similar issue and have not been able to track down where it's coming from. It hasn't affected the prints but it's annoying since it wasn't doing that a month ago. I'll have to take a look tonight when I get home from work.
    Thanks!

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cmedrive View Post
    This is helpful, I've been having a similar issue and have not been able to track down where it's coming from. It hasn't affected the prints but it's annoying since it wasn't doing that a month ago. I'll have to take a look tonight when I get home from work.
    Thanks!
    I tried this last night and I believe it worked. I only had time for a small print, but I didn't notice the click. Although I think I may have another small noise on the X axis one, so I will try it on that also later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast