Best title I think I could come up with. For the most part 3D Printer companies out there all have the different models for sale, and then you have places like 3D Hubs and MyMiniFactory among others that people can sell their services to print items for people. But why is it so hard to find a 3D FDM printer that you can rent to own? Similar to going into a furniture store and renting to own a TV or a Sofa, in the long run the companies selling the printers would make more of a profit in the long run and people who cannot afford to buy a printer outright, can sign a contract, pay a down payment and the shipping costs and continue to pay off the 3D printer by using it for printing objects for people.

Now of course I don't know all of the legal mumbo jumbo that comes with Rent to Own property, but for people that cannot to buy a $800-$2k printer flat out and don't have good enough credit for a credit card to purchase something like that would help them out in the long run by renting to own the printer. In my case I don't have very good credit, but most of these furniture companies don't really care about it. Still most financing options or bank loan options are out of the question for me.

I looked into it a while back, and there was one company I was able to find that did financing for 3D printers where you could rent to own it, the only catch however that I found out later is that the financing was only for businesses so I was back to square one. Does anyone else think that the rent to own idea would work for individuals or would it fail?