Close

Student

Creator display screen blank

I've recently started printing exclusively from the SD card and have actually been running my machine a lot lately (if that has anything to do with my problem)

Over the weekend as soon as I started a job, the screen started showing all sorts of random characters, then at the end everything was displaying properly and showed the correct build time.

Then the very next job I printed, it had the same issue with changing random characters, but at the end of this job, the screen had a purplish hue (I'm assuming this was all characters solid) and since then, the display has not worked at all. I've tried power cycling and resetting from the button at the back.

Here is the thing, when I power on the machine, I still get the normal beeps. And I'm able to insert an SD card (with just one file) and press the center button twice to start that print and everything works properly, I've just lost my usage of the interface at the machine. I can load and unload filament using the Replicator G control panel.

Any ideas? I want to get through the jobs I've got going at the moment before I change something.
    display?
    button panel?
    re-flash firmware?
    ???

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    There is a way to reboot the display without powering down the machine. I read about it a week or so ago. Its something like hold the center button down for a few seconds. I will see if I can find it.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    There is a way to reboot the display without powering down the machine. I read about it a week or so ago. Its something like hold the center button down for a few seconds. I will see if I can find it.
    I've tried that, but since I've power cycled the entire machine, I figured that would do it as well. No luck though.

Super Moderator
    I don't think it was as simple as holding down the middle button. It was a couple button presses or something.

Super Moderator
    Try pressing the right button but it only works if you are on the main print monitoring screen. So you might have to hit left a few times to back up then hit the right button.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Try pressing the right button but it only works if you are on the main print monitoring screen. So you might have to hit left a few times to back up then hit the right button.
    Thanks for the clarification. I tried this morning and there were no noises or changes.

Student
    I ended up just ordering a new display and button panel. It turns out that by coincidence both were actually bad.