Close

What do you look for in 3D filament?

Name one thing that you value the most in 3D filament. And why?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just one ?

I like cheap filament that doesn't warp, sticks well to the print surface, isn't stringy and gives clean sharp prints.

There you go, one sentence :-)

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    just one ?

I like cheap filament that doesn't warp, sticks well to the print surface, isn't stringy and gives clean sharp prints.

There you go, one sentence :-)
    Where do you buy your filament at, most the time? And what type?

Follow rvanwaes On Twitter
    I'm still new to this and have only tested a few from Amazon. From what I've learned, avoid recycled filament. I ran into more frequent clogs and less consistent prints with the two rolls I tested. I'm still searching for the best price to quality ratio.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Yes find a good supplier that properly selects their filaments. It's worth paying a good percentage more for a quality filament, in my experience. I'm sticking with FormFutura as my main supplier..
    An important property I'd say is consistency in layer adhesion, how well the material sticks to itself. It will allow you to create more intricate features and actually use the object without it breaking or tearing where layer adhesion is low.