Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good speeds?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    I generally print with one stepper removed and almost always at .2mm layer height. I am never successful at printing .3mm layers and they always look like wicker basket crap anyway.

My standard speed with S3D is 6000mm/m feedrate and 7200 travel. This equates to 100mm/s feed rate and 120 travel. First layer is at 60% speed.
    Any trick to getting it to extrude properly at that rate? if I go that fast, it will miss lines in the solid infill, the walls seem ok - but the infill basically has gaps in it every few lines. The absolute fastest I can seem to go without screwing with acceleration is about 85ms
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Generally the only thing I care about is the shells and they do print a a lower speed set by a percentage of the max speed. I don't see why it would be skipping completely unless they are short lines and the filament is over retracted. Infill is just that infill, it isn't really seen after printing.

Fast speeds comes down to a highly calibrated extrusion mulitplier with 100% filled 20mm calibration cubes. In S3d even a .01 change in multiplier makes a diffference. I am trying to get some ABS/Nylon alloy to come out better so I printed 6 cubes all at once each with different filament multipliers. 1.02, 1.01, 1, .99, .98 and .97. The .97 came out with the smoothest top but still looked to be over extruding slightly so I am goint to go with .96 for now. The last part I printed didn't come out so well and it was ran at 1.02. Now I see why.

This is what I am printing. :-) Steering wheel for an RC car transmitter. It also has a rubber grip.

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29cb...02ec346b45b137

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12