Close

3D printing post process

Hello Everyone!!

I am new to the 3D printing world but not to 3D. I have seen a lot of great 3d printer out there but there is always a question in my mind, what is the post process once you have your piece printed?. I ask about this because i have notice that with the regular 3D printers (i mean the affordable ones) the quality of the prints is not sharp. What do you do once the printing is done.

First I hit it with my Xacto knife. Then a file. Finally my sponge backed fine sandpaper. Now, if you want to paint or something, you're good to go.

Thanks a lot my friend!!! Is there any printer you recommend, for quality and price? also how does material work when printing does it depend on the printer or there are some standard materials for every printer?

Wow, those are two pretty broad and open ended questions!

Quality and price mostly go hand in hand. So the first question back is... what's your budget? The second question back is... what type of items do you plan on printing?

Material depends on the printer. VERY (and I emphasis very) basically, you're looking at ABS and/or PLA.

Hello!!! sorry for the late reply and thanks for replying mate, i really appreciated a lot. The budget could be up to 3,000 USD. What i would like to print are some 3d characters maybe not higher that 8 inches tall at least at first. i did some research on the materials. I'm looking for some 3d printing tutorials online to see if there are any good ones.

Thanks a lot my friend!!!

If quality is priority, look at SLA (UV-cured resin) printers. Higher quality than FFF (extruded filament) and it's within your pricerange. Titan1, Pegasus, and Form1 ar some currently in market. Traditionally they're laser cured, newer ones are DLP projection cured which is quicker than laser. Some other ones are coming out but not till mid next year or later.