Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ff3dp.com vs flashforge-usa.com vs Amazon. And do you like your FF?

Does it matter which site that you buy from?

I live in Canada and they all seem to offer free shipping.

Also, I saw a 'TON' of good review on Amazon.com. I recently bought a robo3d printer and found it to be garbage. So I'm a little gun-shy about buying another 3d printer. The reviews seemed to be mostly positive. Are most people enjoying their FF?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    It does matter where you buy it from if it's going to be shipped internationally.
    It's not the shipping that gets you it's the bloody import tax.

ff have started shipping container loads to the uk so I didn't have to pay tax or postage (well obviously I did pay postage but it was included in the overall cost).

So my best advice would be to buy it from a supplier who has stock already in canada.

And yes they are very good - particularly the pro, which I believe is the model you were looking at.

I ended up ordering the pro from amazon.ca

It says that it usually ships in 1-2 months but this way I'll avoid the duty charges that may get imposed as well as any currency conversion fees. It also gives me time to try and return or sell my robo3d.

Anyone want a robo3d with a clogged extruder and broken thermistor. . . ?

Engineer
    I am waiting on my UPS guy to get here today....ordered from Amazon, free 2 day shipping with Prime (us). Cant wait!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Flashforge China was OK when I last used them , FFUSA seem to have fixed thier shipping prices, but still lack the activity on this forum for me to suggest them as a worthy source.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer
    It came! Working on getting my first print to work. Small birdhouse with bird, tried a few times but it was not sticking, trying again raising the temp.

But yeah, 2 day shipping was great, nothing that I have noticed that was broken or such. Love amazon.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    It came! Working on getting my first print to work. Small birdhouse with bird, tried a few times but it was not sticking, trying again raising the temp.

But yeah, 2 day shipping was great, nothing that I have noticed that was broken or such. Love amazon.
    what sort of plastic, what settings etc?

Not sticking is probably the first thing everyone comes across and its pretty easy to fix.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    what sort of plastic, what settings etc?

Not sticking is probably the first thing everyone comes across and its pretty easy to fix.
    Yeah, I think a skirt would fix it, since its only the begining of the prints its happening with. But I'm using a Makerware software and I dont see the option, it's the version you had posted a Link to in some post I read. What's the best software I should be using for getting my stl files ready?

Also using ABS, been trying different settings. Still learning it all ;P - How do I set it to heat up the extruders and the bed at the same time, I thought someone said it was capable of doing that
    Last edited by Bassna; 11-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Yeah, I think a skirt would fix it, since its only the begining of the prints its happening with. But I'm using a Makerware software and I dont see the option, it's the version you had posted a Link to in some post I read. What's the best software I should be using for getting my stl files ready?

Also using ABS, been trying different settings. Still learning it all ;P - How do I set it to heat up the extruders and the bed at the same time, I thought someone said it was capable of doing that
    Makerware doesn't have a brim, instead it lays a long strand along the X axis on the edge of the plate before the print, same sorta thing really.. its just to get the plastic flowing to the point of ready to print.

When you say how you set up the extruder and bed temp... . it's in the options when you print. There is only 2 temperature settings, extruder and hotbed in makerware.. hard to miss.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Anyone want a robo3d with a clogged extruder and broken thermistor. . . ?
    you make it sound so tempting.

I never really got abs to stick with makerware without using a raft. When I started using blue tape, larger prints worked without a raft.
    But the I tried pla - and the abs hasn't been looked at since. I'll probably try and use it up for christmas prints, now I've got some decent layer control.

You can twiddle with a lot of different settings if you use proftweak with makerware. I never got my head round it and bought simplify3d. Which does give a lot more options.

But realistically if you persevere with proftweak and makerware you should be able to adjust pretty much everything relevant.

Oh yeah and calibrate the printer with 80 or 90 gsm paper. Anything thicker will really effect sticking power.
    ALso try the oprint bed at 120 - I found that 110 wasn't hot enough for abs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast