Close

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Okay, I got it moving correctly, I need to turn the case fan (Fan2) and the hot end fan (FAN1) on in order to print

Good... It's Alive!

Here is one idea... At each stage, as the code base evolves towards what you want.... It might be a good idea to save an entire copy of the Marlin directory with some notes about where in that process the file set is. That way, if we need to back up a step or two, we can do it easily.

How does the nozzle retraction look? Is it leaving the nozzle in a good place when it finishes the G28 and G29?

Technologist
    Okay, I turned the fans on and I will call the V1. The z moves up after homing about 10mm. I will run a g29 now.

Technologist
    It all works as intended, but of course with raising the z we overcome the issue I had, by just lifting z. This is something I did not have to do, but I guess I can live with it.
    It's a shame that we cannot prevent the z stop to trigger x&y too after g29.

It saves the matrix to eeprom.....that is fantastic!! For some reason my offset nozzle/sensor is not right anymore??? But I can adjust that easily.

Technologist
    I cannot adjust the nozzel / sensor offset for some reason. Any suggestions?

Technologist
    Figured it out...
    Roxy thanks so much for all your help it works great.

How can I change the behavior of the z axis. I would like to remove the pauses it makes during g28 and g29?

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Okay, I turned the fans on and I will call the V1. The z moves up after homing about 10mm. I will run a g29 now.
    Right! Save each version! If something goes sour, we want to be able to back track.

It all works as intended, but of course with raising the z we overcome the issue I had, by just lifting z. This is something I did not have to do, but I guess I can live with it.
    Well... We can change this later if you want. But let's focus on getting it working right now.

It saves the matrix to eeprom.....that is fantastic!! For some reason my offset nozzle/sensor is not right anymore??? But I can adjust that easily.
    I cannot adjust the nozzel / sensor offset for some reason. Any suggestions?
    One of the reasons I have left my EEPROM turned off in the past was I didn't like having to do a M502 followed by a M500 to move my Configuration.h settings to the EEPROM. But if you check in your Configuration.h file, there is something like this:

#define CUSTOM_M_CODE_SET_Z_PROBE_OFFSET 851

If you issue a M851 code you can adjust your nozzle's Z_PROBE_OFFSET without rebuilding the firmware and loading and going to default settings and saving them....

Figured it out...
    Roxy thanks so much for all your help it works great.

How can I change the behavior of the z axis. I would like to remove the pauses it makes during g28 and g29?
    I suspect the pause you are seeing between the G28 and G29 is Marlin waiting for the nozzle to heat all the way up. If you preheat your nozzle, I bet the time delay shrinks. And once your LCD Panel is going, it may not be there either. I don't know.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Right! Save each version! If something goes sour, we want to be able to back track.

Well... We can change this later if you want. But let's focus on getting it working right now.

One of the reasons I have left my EEPROM turned off in the past was I didn't like having to do a M502 followed by a M500 to move my Configuration.h settings to the EEPROM. But if you check in your Configuration.h file, there is something like this:

#define CUSTOM_M_CODE_SET_Z_PROBE_OFFSET 851

If you issue a M851 code you can adjust your nozzle's Z_PROBE_OFFSET without rebuilding the firmware and loading and going to default settings and saving them....

I suspect the pause you are seeing between the G28 and G29 is Marlin waiting for the nozzle to heat all the way up. If you preheat your nozzle, I bet the time delay shrinks. And once your LCD Panel is going, it may not be there either. I don't know.
    It makes a small pause at every probing position, I've seen this in the past on other firmwares. It makes that same pause before it lowers the z for homing. I know what you mean with the wait for temp, but I have that turned off
    anyway when I do testing like that, so the machine starts printing right away.

Did your print work well enough for us to move on to getting your LCD panel going?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Did your print work well enough for us to move on to getting your LCD panel going?
    Roxy, I am struggling with the z offset. After abl, without homing I move to the center of the bed and get an M114, I get 3.13mm then I lower z to zero and get a good distance. But when now homing, the z moves up
    another 4mm and when doing an M114, I get 5.20mm (offset is -1.2mm). That is too far away to print, since it ads the 4mm of lift into the equation. If I change the z offset in the eeprom, it simply raises the z even higher.

I think the pauses in the g28 and g29 are a few mms to allow the servo to move the probe when equipped.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast