Close

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    One more thought... While I don't really plan on using the EEPROM saved values for my Auto Bed Level Correction matrix, I'm not opposed to putting that code into my firmware. I would just do a G29 every print and over ride the last saved value. Perhaps it makes sense for me to put that code into my firmware, and for you to cross your Configuration.h (and maybe Pins.h????) over to my code base.

If we did that.... I should be able to duplicate any problem you are seeing....

Technologist
    Roxy, sorry for the delay. I am using a FreeFab3d ML2 printer, it's a hybrid between a Mendelmax and Bukobot.

Can you start an new thread? Let me take a look at your fw tomorrow and see how easy I can implement it.

Here are some answers, I was under the impression that I am using the latest version of Zahn's Marlin.

1. The offset of the sensor from the extruder is minus -43 for x, but the position where it probes is reflecting the position of the sensor...not the extruder. So x 10mm is the sensors position.
    2. Clearance is fine with 4 2 2 , it is plenty of movement and clearance for the sensor to go out and back on. I am using abl, but with a proximity sensor, no moving parts.
    3. Marlin Main. Void setup, these are controlling fans, at certain temps.

The G28 issues are new to me and they may well be the problem....I will check this out asap.

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Roxy, sorry for the delay. I am using a FreeFab3d ML2 printer, it's a hybrid between a Mendelmax and Bukobot.

Can you start an new thread? Let me take a look at your fw tomorrow and see how easy I can implement it.
    How about we proceed with me actually putting the Auto Bed Leveling Matrix saving to EEPROM into my firmware, and you crossing your Configuration.h settings over to it. Upon further thought, I don't think you will need to worry about the Pins.h file. I think we just replace the Pins.h file in my code base with what ever you have since you have a totally different printer and won't be using anything I've messed with.

And then... Everything we are doing in this thread is related to Auto Bed Leveling Matrix saving to EEPROM. It will belong in this thread!

Here are some answers, I was under the impression that I am using the latest version of Zahn's Marlin.

1. The offset of the sensor from the extruder is minus -43 for x, but the position where it probes is reflecting the position of the sensor...not the extruder. So x 10mm is the sensors position.
    Yes, but here is my concern: If the probe is -43mm on the X Axis... When you home the extruder, the nozzle is going to go to 0. But the probe is going to go to -43mm on the X Axis. Do you have the clearance so it doesn't hit something? I'm guessing it is just fine or you would have already run into problems. Right?

1. Clearance is fine with 4 2 2 , it is plenty of movement and clearance for the sensor to go out and back on. I am using abl, but with a proximity sensor, no moving parts.
    2. Marlin Main. Void setup, these are controlling fans, at certain temps.

The G28 issues are new to me and they may well be the problem....I will check this out asap.

Thanks so much!
    OK... Hang tight! As soon as I can, I'll get the Auto Bed Level Matrix code to save it to EEPROM in my code base and post it. And then, you just cross your Configuration.h settings over to it and with luck it just runs. With that said, DACB and PrintBus are seeing some flakyness in the code base they are running and right now there is a question of what is causing it. It is entirely possible what ever is causing their firmware to misbehave is the same thing that is giving you problems.

But here is the deal... If I get the Auto Bed Level Matrix code saving to EEPROM in my code base, we will have almost identical code and it will be much easier for me to figure out what is wrong if you continue to have problems. Hopefully, what ever you see, I'll be able to duplicate.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    How about we proceed with me actually putting the Auto Bed Leveling Matrix saving to EEPROM into my firmware, and you crossing your Configuration.h settings over to it. Upon further thought, I don't think you will need to worry about the Pins.h file. I think we just replace the Pins.h file in my code base with what ever you have since you have a totally different printer and won't be using anything I've messed with.

And then... Everything we are doing in this thread is related to Auto Bed Leveling Matrix saving to EEPROM. It will belong in this thread!

Sounds good.

Yes, but here is my concern: If the probe is -43mm on the X Axis... When you home the extruder, the nozzle is going to go to 0. But the probe is going to go to -43mm on the X Axis. Do you have the clearance so it doesn't hit something? I'm guessing it is just fine or you would have already run into problems. Right?

Yeah, there is plenty of room for the sensor, I will send a pic or video one of these days....

OK... Hang tight! As soon as I can, I'll get the Auto Bed Level Matrix code to save it to EEPROM in my code base and post it. And then, you just cross your Configuration.h settings over to it and with luck it just runs. With that said, DACB and PrintBus are seeing some flakyness in the code base they are running and right now there is a question of what is causing it. It is entirely possible what ever is causing their firmware to misbehave is the same thing that is giving you problems.

But here is the deal... If I get the Auto Bed Level Matrix code saving to EEPROM in my code base, we will have almost identical code and it will be much easier for me to figure out what is wrong if you continue to have problems. Hopefully, what ever you see, I'll be able to duplicate.
    Perfect! I will look out for it.

Fri, I have the Bed Level Correction Matrix saving in the EEPROM right now. I'm testing it right now on a few small prints.

Do you have to use an LCD Panel to run your printer? Can we just turn that off for now and you use PronterFace to run the printer? The reason I'm asking is I would like to take this one step at a time. If we can get my code to work correctly on your printer, then we can start changing one thing at a time until we get everything the way you want it.

Technologist
    Sure can where can I get your firmware

Sure can where can I get your firmware
    Everything seems to work for me. Attached is a .RAR file with my code base. We should proceed in a methodical fashion. First, see if you can get it to compile clean without any changes. Once that can be done, let's just change the printer type from:

#define MOTHERBOARD 81

to

#define MOTHERBOARD 301

and verify you can still compile clean. Let's not enable or change stuff until we can get it printing. One caution, before we can turn on your LCD Panel we have to delete a couple of routines that the Filament Change command (M600) uses in my firmware. I've added a few routines that are normally provided by the LCD Panels.

Let's concentrate on getting the X,Y,Z offsets, the bed size, the direction of travel on the axis and the servo stuff for the Auto Bed Leveling defined correctly. Once you can get it to print, we can focus on ripping out my extra stuff and getting your LCD Panel turned on.

OK?
    Last edited by Roxy; 11-27-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Everything seems to work for me. Attached is a .RAR file with my code base. We should proceed in a methodical fashion. First, see if you can get it to compile clean without any changes. Once that can be done, let's just change the printer type from:

#define MOTHERBOARD 81

to

#define MOTHERBOARD 301

and verify you can still compile clean. Let's not enable or change stuff until we can get it printing. One caution, before we can turn on your LCD Panel we have to delete a couple of routines that the Filament Change command (M600) uses in my firmware. I've added a few routines that are normally provided by the LCD Panels.

Let's concentrate on getting the X,Y,Z offsets, the bed size, the direction of travel on the axis and the servo stuff for the Auto Bed Leveling defined correctly. Once you can get it to print, we can focus on ripping out my extra stuff and getting your LCD Panel turned on.

OK?
    Okay, I will keep you posted.

Technologist
    I tried to compile before any changes.....below is the error.
    In file included from /Marlin.h:23,
    from BlinkM.cpp:5:
    /pins.h:1720:2: error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Teensy++ 2.0' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

I tried to compile before any changes.....below is the error.
    In file included from /Marlin.h:23,
    from BlinkM.cpp:5:
    /pins.h:1720:2: error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Teensy++ 2.0' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.
    OK... Let's go ahead and change your MOTHERBOARD type to 301 and then in Arduino, we need to change your board type there to the right thing. Let's see if that compiles clean.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast