Close

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Things are more stable over at GitHub with regard to Auto Bed Leveling and Marlin. But the latest branches are still sick. With that said, they have provided a Tag to get the v. 1.0.2 branch and that is pretty trust worthy. You can use that for the next couple of weeks or month until things get to where they need to be.
    Okay I was wrong, the firmware is the same but still both machines are somewhat sick, depending on how it's wired, it is either x or y that reacts to the triggered z probe, if it's y it's no big deal since i am doing quick homing, the probe is quickly off the bed and when y homes it is no more triggered. Question, I am trying to add home all into the firmware G29, but cant figure out how, any suggestions?

It is a little bit dangerous to say this kind of thing without actually checking it out.... But I think you can just change the G29 code like this:

Code:
    case 29: // G29 Detailed Auto Bed Leveling Z-Probe, probes the bed at 3 or more points.
            // Example Syntax:  G29 N 4 V 2 E T
    {
              HOMEAXIS(X);
              HOMEAXIS(Y);
              HOMEAXIS(Z);

plan_bed_level_matrix.set_to_identity();  //Reset the plane ("erase" all leveling data)
        if ( code_seen('E') || code_seen('e'))
            retract_flag++;
    Those are the same homing macros the G28 code uses. If you put those at the top of the G29, it would home X, Y, and Z in that order. I showed it before any parameter checking is done just to keep it simple. It might be cleaner to put the Homing macros after all the checking is done so nothing happens if a parameter is bad. Let me know if that works. (Like I say... I haven't checked that this works.)

Technologist
    Thanks, below is what I tried and I get it to do just that, problem is that I need a safe home for the prob to be on the bed.

{
    HOMEAXIS(X);
    HOMEAXIS(Y);
    HOMEAXIS(Z);

plan_bed_level_matrix.set_to_identity(); //Reset the plane ("erase" all leveling data)
    st_synchronize();
    }

If you home X & Y, isn't it safe? I guess I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Technologist
    It's very close to what I want it to do, but when x and y are sent home with the "Homeaxis (x)" they are actually at the stop and not at their normal safe homing position. So if x and y are at the stop the probe is off the bed. I need a macro to
    simulate a home_all_axis.

OK, how about you try this and see if it does something reasonable. Be ready to reset the printer if something goes sour:

Code:
    HOMEAXIS(X);
    HOMEAXIS(Y);
    destination[X_AXIS] = round(Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT - X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER);
    destination[Y_AXIS] = round(Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER);
    destination[Z_AXIS] = Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING * home_dir(Z_AXIS) * (-1);    // Set destination away from bed
    feedrate = XY_TRAVEL_SPEED;
    current_position[Z_AXIS] = 0;

plan_set_position(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], current_position[Z_AXIS], current_position[E_AXIS]);
    plan_buffer_line(destination[X_AXIS], destination[Y_AXIS], destination[Z_AXIS], destination[E_AXIS], feedrate, active_extruder);
    st_synchronize();
    current_position[X_AXIS] = destination[X_AXIS];
    current_position[Y_AXIS] = destination[Y_AXIS];
    HOMEAXIS(Z);

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    OK, how about you try this and see if it does something reasonable. Be ready to reset the printer if something goes sour:

Code:
    HOMEAXIS(X);
    HOMEAXIS(Y);
    destination[X_AXIS] = round(Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT - X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER);
    destination[Y_AXIS] = round(Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER);
    destination[Z_AXIS] = Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING * home_dir(Z_AXIS) * (-1);    // Set destination away from bed
    feedrate = XY_TRAVEL_SPEED;
    current_position[Z_AXIS] = 0;

plan_set_position(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], current_position[Z_AXIS], current_position[E_AXIS]);
    plan_buffer_line(destination[X_AXIS], destination[Y_AXIS], destination[Z_AXIS], destination[E_AXIS], feedrate, active_extruder);
    st_synchronize();
    current_position[X_AXIS] = destination[X_AXIS];
    current_position[Y_AXIS] = destination[Y_AXIS];
    HOMEAXIS(Z);
    I tried this before and I just tried it again, x doesn't stop when it hits the endstop and I have to reset the machine. Now I just tried this (see below) and it works, unfortunately only the first time after flashing after that I have to send M502 to get it to work again. Can you think of a way where i wouldn't have to do that?

That bedlevel matrix is effecting the endstop behavior as we realized before.

plan_bed_level_matrix.set_to_identity(); //Reset the plane ("erase" all leveling data)
    st_synchronize();
    HOMEAXIS(X);
    HOMEAXIS(Y);

destination[Y_AXIS] = round(Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER);.................... ...........................................
    Last edited by Fri; 09-05-2015 at 09:25 AM.

I don't know what is causing the failure. That is really weird. But the good news is this weekend the testing for the Marlin Release Candidate is happening. If things go as I expect, this branch is probably going to be promoted to 'Stable Release' status. https://github.com/Wackerbarth/Marli.../Configuration

Do you feel like crossing your configuration.h settings over to this branch? It is going to be much easier to support that branch going forward.

Technologist
    I will give it a shot as soon as I have some time. Takes quite some fiddling.....Anyhow, I don't really think that this is a glitch, more a conflict in the macros. After the matrix is saved to eeprom, or even if you just uncomment the erase bedleveling, the stop switches are acting weird. I guess we will get to the bottom of this sometime. Thanks for all the help.

Technologist
    I will give it a shot as soon as I have some time. Takes quite some fiddling.....Anyhow, I don't really think that this is a glitch, more a conflict in the macros. After the matrix is saved to eeprom, or even if you just uncomment the erase bedleveling, the stop switches are acting weird. I guess we will get to the bottom of this sometime. Thanks for all the help.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast