Close

Engineer

Cool New here, opinions on this printer?

I am hopefully ordering a Flashforge 3D Creator Pro this weekend. Will be my first printer and journey into the world of 3D printing. I have been doing research for about 3 weeks now, and I believe from what I have read it looks like the most "bang for my buck" on a cheaper end of 3d printers. I'm mainly looking to print lots of things for my home, and fun things for friends and family, maybe even later start selling some things around locally.

Also what program do you design in mostly? I have been tinkering with "easy" 3D design websites and getting pretty decent at it. I have Photoshop CC (and took schooling for photoshop years ago, before the 3D was added unfortunately.) So i am vaguely familiar with that. I also download sketch-up to try. And what is your "go-to" filament supplier? I also would not be opposed to having a teacher if someone wants to be that person Thanks

Engineer
    For typical printing and putting on shelf, art print, non real use application, I have seen blender and sketchup the most suggested.

As soon as you get into real use application, you might want to look for a professional software that allows you to play with parametric, measure. I am using Catia and rarely SolidWorks, considering in my environment where I have to iterate configuration, they works well for me.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    I am hopefully ordering a Flashforge 3D Creator Pro this weekend. Will be my first printer and journey into the world of 3D printing. I have been doing research for about 3 weeks now, and I believe from what I have read it looks like the most "bang for my buck" on a cheaper end of 3d printers. I'm mainly looking to print lots of things for my home, and fun things for friends and family, maybe even later start selling some things around locally.

Also what program do you design in mostly? I have been tinkering with "easy" 3D design websites and getting pretty decent at it. I have Photoshop CC (and took schooling for photoshop years ago, before the 3D was added unfortunately.) So i am vaguely familiar with that. I also download sketch-up to try. And what is your "go-to" filament supplier? I also would not be opposed to having a teacher if someone wants to be that person Thanks
    Good choice!

I recommend for your first ever model, try tinkercad.com
    Once you have something printed out in front of you and are cheering with your hands rubbing together, go and get Blender from Blender.org

It's free and will do most things if you have some small patience to learn how to use it. As for filament, I suggest trying a few suppliers. Don't put all your eggs in one basket so to speak. Buy 4 rolls off 4 suppliers and see who sends it quicker, who has the best quality, packaging etc. I nearly pick a different supplier everytime I order now, there is no shortage of competition for them.

I even have bought some "substandard" rolls that cost $8 for 1kg, apparently they had bad tolerances, but to be honest, not that I found... so yeah just experiment with suppliers, you will eventually find one you like.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technologist
    What Geoff said.

Good choice for printer you'll love it easy to use.

Engineer
    Well thats good to hear and thanks Geoff, I was actually looking at a lot of your creations the past week. Simply amazing how good you are with the finished products you make. I hope to be as good as you one day haha. Did you ever get youtube video's about your painting process? I remember seeing a post that you had intended on doing that.

good stuff!! I heard many great things with Flashforge. Many of my friends are doing business with it. Good choice!

Engineer
    Thanks botfeeder, I actually just got it in the mail a few days ago. Things awesome!