Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my 3d printing buisness ideas seem bad? please help!!!

i want to start profiting from 3d printer but all the ideas that i have seem bad. The first one was to buy a 3d printer and offer services on 3d hub but i was told it was too difficult to mess with the printer, the second was was launching an online store selling 3d printer accessories. anybody has an ideas? i want to start an online buisness please help?

Student
    Let me ask you first can you 3d Model?

Did you only get the printer to print other people's designs?

I'll let you in on how I'm using mine. I've been 3d modeling since the late 90s. I use the 3d printer to design prototypes. I recently custom designed something that needed to be turned into metal. So I only use the printer to make sure the dimensions are correct before spending the money to have it then cast in metal which can be a little costly. The final product I then sell to my intended customer that asked for the design.

That's just one way of utilizing a 3d printer.

no i don't know how to 3d model, i wanted to print other peoples designs

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The first one was to buy a 3d printer and offer services on 3d hub but i was told it was too difficult to mess with the printer,
    3d hubs is the place to start.
    No matter what you print and for whom, you'll need to 'mess with the printer'.

If you're not even prepared to do that, you might as well give it to someone who will :-)

what printer would you recommend to start using 3dhub?

What budget do you have?

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jefinc View Post
    what printer would you recommend to start using 3dhub?
    So you don't have a printer? Or can model? What made you want to try this for your business? I see you've started similar threads at least twice before and others have given you good answers. You can also check out this thread:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...guys-need-help theres some good starter info on there. Sounds like you need to do some research on your own and figure out what exactly you want to do.

You already have good ideas for your 3d printing business. I agree that at one point, you'll be "messing with your printer". That's going to be something that happens and I think that shouldn't hinder you from making your business ideas come true.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    Before starting 3d printing you should learn how to model. I think it's basic. Because even the models people send you are not always good and you have to modify them to be able to print.
    There are some free programs like Blender or Tinkercad and lots of tutorials.

Good luck!
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Student
    Well if you want to sell printer accessories figure out what's currently lacking in cheaper alternatives. One idea is find a way to design a cheaper resin tray for the SLA printers that use a silicone layered bottom. The resin trays are considered disposable so you might get 10 or so prints from one till it needs to be replaced because the silicone layer gets cloudy and will cause prints to fail. Here is a Madesolid article about it

https://madesolid.freshdesk.com/supp...my-resin-tray-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast