Close

SprintRay's StarRay and MoonRay DLP 3D Printers

California-based SprintRay has introduced its first 3D SLA printer. The StarRay, offered on the company's website now for only $1,999, is set to widen the consumer availability of 3D printers using SLA technology. In 2015, SprintRay will also roll out the more compact MoonRay 3D SLA printer, which will be priced under $3,000. Both the StarRay and the MoonRay utilize a custom-made DLP projector to ensure high resolution printing. SprintRay will also offer their own resin for sale, further making the price point accessible at only $50 for a one liter bottle. Read the full article for more details: http://3dprint.com/21106/sprintray-starray-moonray-3d/

Below is an image of SprintRay's popular table at the Inside 3D Printing Conference:

Thank you Brian for publishing the information. I am here to listen to feedbacks and answer to the questions.

Bests,

------
    www.sprintRay.us
    info@sprintRay.us
    Last edited by Sprintray; 10-29-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Staff Engineer
    I saw your display at the Inside 3D Printing show - very Halloweenish! Are you actually shipping printers now, or taking "pre-orders" for delivery at some indefinite time in the future?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Looks like a smashing little printer, something I would be interested in if I had the money, but wish you well with the roll out of the printers next year.

Engineer
    About the advertising of the 120microns on resolution, which reference is that based from?

Is the 120microns valid for a maximum surface print area? Does your resolution change automatically depending on the part to print?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsmodels2014 View Post
    Looks like a smashing little printer, something I would be interested in if I had the money, but wish you well with the roll out of the printers next year.
    Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I saw your display at the Inside 3D Printing show - very Halloweenish! Are you actually shipping printers now, or taking "pre-orders" for delivery at some indefinite time in the future?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com
    Thanks you for stopping by in our display. We will be ready for pre order very soon. If the goal is met, we deliver somewhere around late January to early February next year. We have all the logistics (molds, electronics, etc) ready for mass production. We have been figuring this out for the past 3-4 months to deliver the 3D printers to the customers as soon as possible after the pre order.

------
    www.sprintRay.us
    info@sprintRay.us
    Last edited by Sprintray; 10-29-2014 at 12:42 PM.

SprintRay, a startup we started covering last October, launched their StarRay SLA 3D printer; recently, at 3D Print Week, SprintRay co-founder Amier Mansouri introduced 3DPrint.com to the newly introduced MoonRay. Today, the company has started its Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund the MoonRay. This new DLP-based SLA printer utilizes the Ray1, a custom projector made just for this machine, in place of the more commonly found home theater-type projector. The Ray1 projector is 70% smaller and 90% more energy efficient than a traditional commercial projector, and produces 100% UV light. The MoonRay is being offered on Kickstarter starting at just $2,499; full retail price after the Kickstarter campaign will be around $3,500. The company is looking to raise $100,000 in order to fund the full-scale production of their new machine. Find out more details and specs in the full story: http://3dprint.com/60904/moonray-3d-printer/

Below is a photo of the new MoonRay:

The diagram shows that their light source wavelength is above 400nm (to about 460nm by the looks of it). That's not UV light. That's short blue. UV is below 400nm.

Either the diagram is wrong, or their claims are wrong. If it's the latter, I don't know why they'd feel the need to make false claims. This looks like an interesting machine regardless of whether it uses short blue or long UV light.