Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Kickstarter Project Update #16: We've Had Some Minor Delays...

Project Update #16: We've Had Some Minor Delays...

For backers only Posted by Rinnovated Design ♥ Like
    Hey Backers,

We regret to inform you that we’ve hit our first set of delays. The Beta Testers will be receiving their kits a bit later than expected. We apologize for this! Please watch the interview of Rylan below to understand what has caused the setback.

We know you’re all excited to start having some fun with the Peachy Printer, and we are very excited for that to happen as well! Of course we are working our hardest to get the kits out to the Beta Testers as quickly as possible. At this point in time we are delayed by about 3 weeks. We don’t think that this will have an effect on our ability to meet the other shipping dates, as we’ve given ourselves a substantial amount of time between the Beta Testing phase and final product delivery.
    We appreciate your understanding and patience moving forward
    On a more positive note, you can expect to see us launch Backerkit in the coming days.
    Thanks,
    The Peachy Printer Team.

I'm a little disappointed at the delays, but I can't blame them. I just want them to release the best possible product that they can, and this is a step in the right direction. No point in releasing something that is not 100%.

It wont be released at 100% in Beta

But let's say they are still Alpha for now.

I missed the Kickstarter campaign, but I've contacted your team through Kickstarted and made an attempt to contact Rylan through Facebook. I know you're all very busy, but I am very interested in helping with the beta testing stage. I am a Computer Engineer and I have several projects I've already mentioned to one of your team. I was told that the store would open on peachyprinter.com and allow for more beta testing spots, but I'm very anxious to help and want to make sure it is known that I am interested in contributing money, time, and my own knowledge to help your team produce this product. If there is any way I can send any amount of money immediately or anything else I can do to help please direct me!

great update and great communication. too bad things have gotten delayed that is after all what can happen in development. I think you are dong the right things going carefully and methodically now as it will allow you to go faster later!

interesting with buying the laser cutter / capital equipment; depending on the model and its cost it could potentially pay for itself quite quickly!

can you share your basic development plan with us; what are the coming steps / tests that you are hoping to perform?