Close

Thread: Material

Student

Material

I have been watching the different materials that have been announced Nanomaterials, Wax, metals, etc. just to name a few, what do you all see as the "test" time before you adding/approving new materials for the System 30 ? While I am sure I will test some on my own, its always nice to see what Hyrel supports. As well as what the machine will not be able to handle. Please forgive the odd wording, working on 3 hours of sleep in 4 days lol...
    Thanks for your reply

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Patrick,

Our goal is to support the experimenters out there.

We are confident that any material with the proper characteristics will flow and deposit, but this might not meet the needs of your particular applications.

For each material, we provide the best known recipes and update them as we learn, but for many materials these will be starting points for the experimenters to fine tune for their specific needs.

If you have certain materials and/or applications in mind, let us know. We love to work with those on the cutting edge! We make custom modifications and design revisions where needed, and our best feedback is from the users who are venturing into uncharted waters.

Student
    Thanks Davo, I can't wait to start experimenting