Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can someone explain what the reason for all the circle holes in the airplane (top of this thread)? How does that make it more aerodynamic, or help it fly better? Just curous!

Weight Reduction! This is only a frame, it would still have to have a covering applied to all surfaces to be able to fly. I do not know how thick the walls are but I am thinking it is very heavy for a model this size. I think this was more an exercise in construction than an attempt at a flying model? Most RC Modelers try to make their planes as light as possible.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnItDownBaby View Post
    Can someone explain what the reason for all the circle holes in the airplane (top of this thread)? How does that make it more aerodynamic, or help it fly better? Just curous!
    I think as John said, all weight reduction, but without seeing it fly it's hard not to believe those holes wouldnt affect it aerodynamically (in a negative sense) Alot of air pockets, alot of backwash) I would love to know the infill % on this plane, if they are building at 100% infill for rigidity, that explains the holes as 100 percent infil makes the plastic pretty heavy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12