Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printbus, Help!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    BTW- I'm not sure it is still of any use, but I started a new thread in attempt to clarify the heat bed relay wiring - Clarifying i3/i3v heat bed and heat bed relay wiring

Other comments -

Pronterface or gcode commands simply tell the printer what temperature to go to. The heat bed relay will normally turn on and stay on until the bed is at temperature. Then the PID control loop in Marlin will start turning the relay on and off at the rate it feels it needs to in order to maintain temperature.

The relay is very loud, so at least hearing loud clicks is normal. The somewhat random clicking in your video makes me wonder if the associated polyfuse could be opening up and then resetting. Straighten out any wiring issues and pin conflicts and we'll go from there.

EDIT: More info. All three of the power control outputs have an LED on the RAMPS board. LED2 follows D8. LED3 follows D9. LED4 follows D10. When a given output is turned on, the respective LED will light up. It will be very normal for an LED to flash on and off in sync with the clicking of the heat bed relay. A dimmer than usual LED would mean that either the 12V source to that output is lower in voltage than it should be or that the MOSFET switch for that output isn't turning on fully. Well, or it's being turned on and off at a very fast rate and the eye is averaging it to a dim state.
    Last edited by printbus; 10-18-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    Printbus, you are a goddamn genius.

I fixed the pin conflicts which Colin had accidentally left (as did I when I modified the code) and it works like a charm. One click every 5 or so seconds instead of the constant clicking on and off.

Thank you so much!

Engineer
    Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulfe View Post
    Printbus, you are a goddamn genius.

I fixed the pin conflicts which Colin had accidentally left (as did I when I modified the code) and it works like a charm. One click every 5 or so seconds instead of the constant clicking on and off.

Thank you so much!
    Glad I was here for you. Starting tomorrow would have been a different story. I'll be checking in far less frequently over the next two weeks. PMs will send me an email and likely get my attention faster. It could be a day or two before I notice a new thread sent my way!

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Glad I was here for you. Starting tomorrow would have been a different story. I'll be checking in far less frequently over the next two weeks. PMs will send me an email and likely get my attention faster. It could be a day or two before I notice a new thread sent my way!
    Yeah? Where are you going?
    I guess I better be careful this next week.

Technologist
    My power supply has 3 + outputs and 3 - outputs. This is how I wired my 10" i3v:

- connections:
    One to – on the 5amp Ramps connection,
    One to – on the 11amps RAMPS connection
    one to J2 on the heat bed relay.

+ connections:
    One to + on the 5amp Ramps connection
    One to +on the 11amps RAMPS connection
    one to J1 on the heat bed

Quote Originally Posted by Zulfe View Post
    Yeah? Where are you going?
    I guess I better be careful this next week.
    We're in use it or lose it mode with some timeshare credit, opting to apply it to Cancun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12