Close

Thread: 3D Hubs

Technician

3D Hubs

Anyone having success at 3D Hubs? Not sure about their business model though. It's great when someone needs a simple file printed, they upload their STL, pay and you send the part. Pretty simple. I do get some referrals but I find that in most cases it requires a lot more interaction with the customers than just PM's through their site.

Most people who contact me have a fair amount of questions, want to talk to me directly, have specifics they need to work out, if it's a larger run they want a sample and some even ask for custom modifications to their parts such as monogramed initials and more.

3D Hubs will block any phone numbers or email addresses in their messaging systems which is fine, I get what they are trying to do but like I said, in many cases the customers want to interact with me directly. Do they think every aspect of business can be preformed with clients via PM's?

My clients generally want to pick up the phone and call me when they need something.
    Last edited by dklassen; 10-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    About what type of fee are you receiving for this? Is it worth your time and effort?

Technician
    The fee's depend of course on the job but yes, it's worth my time and effort.