Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

So does anyone know how to raise the right head ?
Probably only about a half or quarter mil difference. But it means I can't calibrate both nozzles to the same degree.

As I only used it briefly when I got the machine and it got jammed and basically I've been using the left head since then. I have no idea if it came like this. Or if I somehow lowered it by unscrewing it and replacing it. I couldn't calibrate properly from day one. That was mostly the unlevel bed - but this might have also been an issue.
Both heads are fully screwed in and won't go any further. So it's not that.

Either way it's no good as it is.
I did think maybe unscrew the left one a half turn - but the left head has always behaved impeccably, so i don't want to bugger it up.

Help !

My current thought is loosen the right carriage bolt and stick a couple sheets of paper on the right side to level the carriage directly. But that might bugger up the left nozzle, maybe. It'll be tilted - only very very slightly, but still tilted.

Anyone got any better ideas ?

I have a new extruder mounting system in the works. First samples are being cut right now. If anyone is interested in the first samples PM me. I am going to sell below my cost in the initial batch. The initial tooling is very expensive so just looking to recoup some of the costs.

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 10.11.46 AM.jpg

Here is a sample of what I will be offering. It is a complete redesign of the cooling bar and filament guides. All in Machined aluminum. New heatsinks will be included.

As you can see in the picture. I am using a clamping bolt from the sides. This will allow both extruder mounting tubes to be loosened and then you can jog the build plate up until both touch the plate. Then you can just tighten the clamps.

In addition, the heatsinks are much more user friendly. No more nylon spacers and screws that hold the steppers through the fan. The steppers and Heatsinks bolt directly to the the cooling bar. Then the fans mount to the heat sinks with screws at the top.