Close

Engineer

Awesome 3D Printed Dress

The other day I saw the 3D Printed dress that Lady Gaga wore. Here is another 3D printed dress worn by Dita. I actually like this one the best. Very elaborate. What do you think? Will clothing eventually go this way?

Is that transparent? Must say it's pretty awesome. Everytime I see a piece of 3D Printed clothing, it reminds me of the people in Hunger Games. Perhaps the movie/book is correct in depicting the clothing of the future.

It seems like 3D printing and clothing may be actually becoming useful, rather than just rigid pieces to wear at a fashion show. Check out this piece by Julia Körner,and Dutch fashion designer Iris van Herpen. More details on their designs can be found here: http://3dprint.com/16385/3d-printed-fashion

Staff Engineer
    The thing that bugs me about so much of the 3D printed fashion is that the pieces are so often transparent.

No real people with realistically shaped bodies in real day-to-day life wears a dress that looks like a basket and doesn't actually cover anything.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Oh cmon now Feign... tell me you wouldn't walk around wearing one of these...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    Gee, the look of excitement and comfort on that first model's face is awfully convincing.
    ...No, that is the look of someone who lost a bet. A bet that they only agreed to with the idea that there was no way they could lose.

And the second one belongs in a Silent Hill game.

But hey, at least you proved me wrong about it all being see-through!