Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cura settings for PowerSpec 3dPro

Hello
    Still new to all this.
    I would like to try Cura does anyone know what is the best machine type to choose for my printer?
    Would I use a makerbot or custom?
    Will work with dual extruder?

Thank you
    Brian

Technician
    I would be interested in this topic as well.

I downloaded Cura, and started to look at it, but have had other priorities lately. I think I'll tinker with it more over the next few days, to see what it can do.

I've been working to fix raft generation in replicatorg, and have made some significant progress there.

Cheers,

John

I like the idea of the brim instead of the raft

Technician
    I did tinker with Cura, and with Slic3r, yesterday. No joy in getting anything that will print on a FF Pro, though. I know there's a gcode converter to generate an x3g file, but I run Linux, and that tool is windows/mac only. I think i'll keep looking at it though.

Cheers,

John

What is the best tool to convert to x3g?

Thanks
    Brian

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    cura should have an x3g plugin - I've never found it. So basically cura won't work.

You're petty much stuck with makerware and simplyfi3d - which you pay for. But think long term and it's worth it.

Technician
    I tried to export the gcode that cura puts out and open it in replicatorg. It didn't work very well...

It appears that the start/end code is presented as text in the profile for the current project. I was thinking of building a profile with replicatorg/flashforge gcode in place of the cura stock code, to see if that would work.

I usually print over the usb port, so not having .x3g files wouldn't bother me, if cura could output a gcode file that would print on the ff pro...

Cheers,

John

Student
    Simplify3D, while not free is an awesome tool. So much better than the others I've tried. Slices so fast you'll think it isn't working at first. Lol. At least I did!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg56 View Post
    I tried to export the gcode that cura puts out and open it in replicatorg. It didn't work very well...

It appears that the start/end code is presented as text in the profile for the current project. I was thinking of building a profile with replicatorg/flashforge gcode in place of the cura stock code, to see if that would work.

I usually print over the usb port, so not having .x3g files wouldn't bother me, if cura could output a gcode file that would print on the ff pro...

Cheers,

John
    You're missing the point - even the makerware software converts to .x3g files before printing. Over usb or from the sd card.
    You can't use standard gcode unless you change the motherboard. It's opensource but done in a very odd way :-)

Yes you have to change the start and end gcode - but you also then need to convert to x3g before you can print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast