Close

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Student
    I do a lot of dual extrusion, I'll be ready to purchase and play with this weekend. I'm happy to see this update finally come out. I've held back due to the dual extrusion complaints.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I just downloaded Simplify3D this morning, and wow I'm using a FF Dreamer (if that has any bearing). In the included manual it says: "Begin Printing over USB – if you are using a USB connection, you have the option to view the build sequence real-time on your monitor by selecting Live Preview Tracking. For additional information on USB communication, access the Machine Control Panel to view a broad range of information that is transmitted via USB." My printer has USB, SD card and WiFi...not BT, which is the only option I can find in the Machine Control Panel. Is there a setting that I'm missing to be able to use USB?

Engineer
    There is a big button "print from sd card". To print via usb, slice the print then you can print via usb or save to disk/sd card.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I sorta felt stupid after I posted the question, because I found that big button. When the printing box came up, it just sat there...no progress bar advancing, nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    I sorta felt stupid after I posted the question, because I found that big button. When the printing box came up, it just sat there...no progress bar advancing, nothin.
    I've got it downloaded now, going to try printing with it tonight. If they have print via USB for the Dreamer in this version, it's a brand new feature -- before you had to print via SD card. Possible that USB isn't actually enabled yet for the Dreamer?

Engineer
    Maybe...i am not up on the specifics of the dreamer. Normally if its sitting after you click print it is waiting for the bed or hot end to come up to temp. Either that or there is a communication issue. Not for nothin but you really are better off printing over sd anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    Have you had any luck printing with the Dreamer yet? I used their autoconfigure and selected the Dreamer...definitely a change there, as the Dreamer didn't show up in their configuration list before.

However, when I go to the Process menu and want to choose a profile, Dreamer isn't one of the machines listed.

Also, in the Machine menu, I just get a "Port not found" error when I try to connect to the Dreamer.

So, tried printing to SD card...put the card in, go to print...it did wait for the bed to heat up, but started trying to print before the extruder heated. Once the extruder hit printing temperature it started laying down PLA, but by that time it was well into the "build."

Got v2.2 to work with the Dreamer -- although it has the Dreamer in the Autoconfigure now, I still had to import a process profile for the Dreamer. I'd contacted support last week and received a process profile in email.

Just learned the hard way that when printing from the SD card on the Dreamer, you can't remove the card mid-print. Wasn't expecting this -- when I've sent prints to the Dreamer via wireless or USB, the entire print was loaded into the Dreamer's memory and I could turn the laptop completely off. Apparently not the case when you're printing from SD.

If it isn't in your profiles, you need to click on Help and then Reset All Settings. Just make sure you have any configurations you've already made that you like saved, because they'll be gone when you do the reset. When you restart it after that, it'll ask again for your printer, and it'll be in the Profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    If it isn't in your profiles, you need to click on Help and then Reset All Settings. Just make sure you have any configurations you've already made that you like saved, because they'll be gone when you do the reset. When you restart it after that, it'll ask again for your printer, and it'll be in the Profiles.
    Good to know, thanks. I'm really liking Simplify even just from the standpoint of bugs in Flashprint -- Flashprint has a problem with not actually moving the model on the platform before printing, and it also fairly frequently forgets to heat the bed. Kind of irritating...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast